Leftover coffee cake - what do you do?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made bread pudding with leftover coffee cake?
We tend to give the leftovers to the housekeepers, or the guests, or my office mates.
We make a break pudding with store bought toaster breads like raisin bread or cinnamon toaster bread.
How do you think it would work with coffee cake? I bet it would be pretty decadent.

I think bread pudding made with coffee cake would be amazing ... don't yell, but warm with cream! yum. All your calories for the day in one go.
Or french toast made with coffee cake. I think you'd need to bake it. Ditto on the calories and amazingness.
:)

I tried it. Leftover coffee cake, 4 eggs, one cup of milk, vanilla, 1/2 cup sugar and some cinnamon. Had to bake for 50 minutes.
It was really good. I think the key is, I didn't soak it over night or even at all. I poured the custard over the cake and squished the cake in so it all got wet and baked.
My usual bread pudding is made with sweet loaf bread like raisin bread and I soak it overnight.
We will make it again. We have leftover coffee cake often.

Back