Lessons about blogging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Going to start blogging again in the new year. Right now, totally off topic, I am eating junk food and goofing off. Giving myself what we used to call an 'in plant vacation' back when I worked in manufacturing.

One important lesson on blogging: As you look for photos to illustrate your posts, make sure they're rights-free or you own the rights. GettyImages is making millions right now with bots that crawl websites and blogs, find their photos used without permission, and then sending $1,000 demand letters for payment.

One important lesson on blogging: As you look for photos to illustrate your posts, make sure they're rights-free or you own the rights. GettyImages is making millions right now with bots that crawl websites and blogs, find their photos used without permission, and then sending $1,000 demand letters for payment..
ABSOLUTELY. Use your own photos or get permission. I have said that over and over here.

There are several sites that offer public domain photos. Yes, Getty is really getting with it on the lawsuits. It's legal what they're doing, but it seems like they put photos out there just hoping somebody will use them on a website so they can sue.

Back