Let it snow!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Big, puffy snowflakes falling here now! It's beeyootiful!
Now, about the the guy the neighbors asked to clear their driveway...he has just completely filled in all the paths we dug out so the fuel guy can get to the fill station. He's filled my dryer vents with packed snow. He's obliterated the 'view' from one of the guest room windows by packing the snow across the whole window. And there's another foot of snow predicted for tonight. Hmmm...

Reminds me of the cartoon of the guy who just spent 3 hours digging out his driveway and as he stands there surveying the beautiful cleared driveway, the snowplow comes past and buries it again.

Take and post some pictures please!!! Here in Georgia it's sunny outside, a bit cool. I don't get to see much of the white stuff
sad_smile.gif

Reminds me of the cartoon of the guy who just spent 3 hours digging out his driveway and as he stands there surveying the beautiful cleared driveway, the snowplow comes past and buries it again..
gillumhouse said:
Reminds me of the cartoon of the guy who just spent 3 hours digging out his driveway and as he stands there surveying the beautiful cleared driveway, the snowplow comes past and buries it again.
Used to happen to me all the time. Just finish getting that hard-packed crud at the bottom of the driveway done and along comes the town plow. I actually stood at the bottom of my driveway one day as he came by. Stood right there so he was gonna bury me if he didn't lift the plow. I leaned right on my shovel and looked at him. And he raised the plow and waved and buried my neighbors' driveway instead.

Reminds me of the cartoon of the guy who just spent 3 hours digging out his driveway and as he stands there surveying the beautiful cleared driveway, the snowplow comes past and buries it again..
gillumhouse said:
Used to happen to me all the time. Just finish getting that hard-packed crud at the bottom of the driveway done and along comes the town plow. I actually stood at the bottom of my driveway one day as he came by. Stood right there so he was gonna bury me if he didn't lift the plow. I leaned right on my shovel and looked at him. And he raised the plow and waved and buried my neighbors' driveway instead.
I love it! And I hope it was one of those poetic justice things that it was a neighbor you would love to dump on!

gillumhouse said:
I love it! And I hope it was one of those poetic justice things that it was a neighbor you would love to dump on!
gillumhouse said:
Naw, nice people who would come home after a day of work only to find 3 high school kids lolling around while the snow piled up. (A very similar happenstance at MY house as well. And sometimes the kids would all be together. The 5 of them could have cleared BOTH driveways in about an hour.) I would tell the kids, 'At least open the garage door so I don't have to get out of the car and then try to get rolling uphill in the snow.'

It figures! The NICE people get dumped on every time. Sounds like our neighbor's kid - the only place he knows to move is on the basketball court. Have never seen him mow a yeard OR shovel the snow - the rare times we even have snow. Cold today, but sunny and clear. Weare supposed to get one of our rare nights tonight - down to 10 above.

It figures! The NICE people get dumped on every time. Sounds like our neighbor's kid - the only place he knows to move is on the basketball court. Have never seen him mow a yeard OR shovel the snow - the rare times we even have snow. Cold today, but sunny and clear. Weare supposed to get one of our rare nights tonight - down to 10 above..
It's that temp now. Brrr! I know it's cold out when I hear the furnace kick on in the middle of the night, several times...

It figures! The NICE people get dumped on every time. Sounds like our neighbor's kid - the only place he knows to move is on the basketball court. Have never seen him mow a yeard OR shovel the snow - the rare times we even have snow. Cold today, but sunny and clear. Weare supposed to get one of our rare nights tonight - down to 10 above..
It's that temp now. Brrr! I know it's cold out when I hear the furnace kick on in the middle of the night, several times...
At 8 this morning I brought up the online as I waited for the guests to come down for their 8:30 breakfast. As per my usual routine I pulled up the Chicago Sun Times - temp was -5
it was 35 here at 1:15 am when I came home from Chapel.

I have been watching the weather channel and thinking about you. Enjoy your white Christmas:)

In the low 80s here today. I've got a bit of a sunburn on my shoulders. :D
Although for the next several months I get to tease all my northern friends, especially those boaters whose boats are hauled out and put in storage for the winter, it has never really felt like Christmas to me since I've been here. There is no smell of a fire burning in the fireplace, no snow, etc. and frankly, a Christmas tree and houses decorated in lights just looks strange to me here amongst the palm trees, sunshine and beach-going weather.

Well, I have stopped smiling...daughter & family ended up having to stop in MA, couldn't get here. Parents never left home, too much snow. So, here we sit, full of Christmas spirit...Christmas dinner cooking...

Well, I have stopped smiling...daughter & family ended up having to stop in MA, couldn't get here. Parents never left home, too much snow. So, here we sit, full of Christmas spirit...Christmas dinner cooking....
I'm sorry! Do they think they will be able to travel again Monday or Tuesday to get to you?

Well, I have stopped smiling...daughter & family ended up having to stop in MA, couldn't get here. Parents never left home, too much snow. So, here we sit, full of Christmas spirit...Christmas dinner cooking....
May they be able to arrive for leftovers!
And which spirit were you full of? The spirit of Jack, Johnny, or Bailey?

it is -9 here now. Might get above 0 today.

It went to 5 above last night and I have no idea how bad the wind-chill was but we had winds up to 40 mph. The flags are still straight out with the wind. Rain is not sipposed to come in for a couple days. Supposed to be about 40 for Christmas.

It went to 5 above last night and I have no idea how bad the wind-chill was but we had winds up to 40 mph. The flags are still straight out with the wind. Rain is not sipposed to come in for a couple days. Supposed to be about 40 for Christmas.
29 degrees outside, 54 degrees inside.
Parents are on their way here. They had their bags packed and couldn't bear the thought of unpacking without actually having been somewhere. Daughter will meet me at Stonewall Kitchens (about midway from where she fetched up last night and where I live) for lunch and prisoner present exchange. Unfortunately, (grand)parents will not be that far along on their way to meet us as well.

29 degrees outside, 54 degrees inside.
Parents are on their way here. They had their bags packed and couldn't bear the thought of unpacking without actually having been somewhere. Daughter will meet me at Stonewall Kitchens (about midway from where she fetched up last night and where I live) for lunch and prisoner present exchange. Unfortunately, (grand)parents will not be that far along on their way to meet us as well.
Hope everyone made it to their meeting places safe & sound.
It was 20F this morning here but will be back in the 70s by Wednesday. That Arctic front dipped down our way.
This is when I'm glad I live in the South :) Stay warm!!!

Back