Let the parking lot games begin

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, one guest parked over the line of their space. With 5 other parking spaces open, where did the next car park? Yup. Right next to the one that was over too far. I actually watched them as they jockeyed back and forth the make sure they had enough space to get out on the one side. But they are now 'over the line' into the NEXT space. Their driver's ed instructors are turning in their graves. All of them, as there were people standing outside the car waving the driver 'into' (out of?) the space.
I must be odd. I like to give all the 'bad parkers' a wide berth.

HaHaHa...sounds like the parking jobs here!!! The first ones that park bad must be thinking "lines what lines - we're the only ones here (or that count)" Then of course eveyone else follows suit until there is only a 1/2 space for the last car. And then they park in the middle of the drive, blocking anyone from departing - including the innkeeper.

Write them a parking ticket ! I'am joking....maybe ?. My other full time job is mainly writing tickets for bad parkers, no decals, etc. My B&B lot is gravel (no lines) so misunderstanding happen lots here. I have thought about the ugly "curb stops" but not sure that would work. Their here on vacation, mind ,body & soul. Parking worries are something they left back at home.....Mary in Bridgewater

Good Morning Morty
I am lauging right now. I go thru the same thing. I watch guest park and I wonder what they are thinking or better yest where did they learn to drive and park. But you just smile and move on.

we are gravel and sometimes they park sideways across 4 spaces I don't know where they think the other guests are supposed to park.

Write them a parking ticket ! I'am joking....maybe ?. My other full time job is mainly writing tickets for bad parkers, no decals, etc. My B&B lot is gravel (no lines) so misunderstanding happen lots here. I have thought about the ugly "curb stops" but not sure that would work. Their here on vacation, mind ,body & soul. Parking worries are something they left back at home.....Mary in Bridgewater.
We once stayed at a place with 'hitching posts' marking the parking spaces. Gomez parked between 2 histching posts and I told him to move the car. He said, 'Why, we're the only people here!' I just looked at him cross-eyed and said, 'Because we don't know we're the only people here, just like home!'
So I totally get it. But why jockey the car around just to park it wrong!?

we are gravel and sometimes they park sideways across 4 spaces I don't know where they think the other guests are supposed to park..
We had guests hauling a trailer once time pull in like that. They parked across 5 spaces and they full well could see they had done that.

We have two nice motorcycles here right now and it is that same old "If there 50 parking spots, park RIGHT NEXT to another vehicle, in this case motorcycles."

Their here on vacation, mind ,body & soul. Parking worries are something they left back at home.
You got that right

we are gravel and sometimes they park sideways across 4 spaces I don't know where they think the other guests are supposed to park..
We had guests hauling a trailer once time pull in like that. They parked across 5 spaces and they full well could see they had done that.
It's only the beginning of Summer.....you need to let this roll off your back. :)

It's only the beginning of Summer.....you need to let this roll off your back. :)
It's not bothering me in a *bad* way.
wink_smile.gif
It's more the cluelessness of it all. Right now no one is here. They'll probably all get back at the same time and there will be cars parked everywhere when they do!
Off topic sort of but it's amazing what I laugh about now that used to wind me right up. Whew. Glad I've somewhat reached that point. Not that I won't have a little rant about it, but it's really not important like I used to think it was.

wink_smile.gif
It's more the cluelessness of it all. Right now no one is here. They'll probably all get back at the same time and there will be cars parked everywhere when they do!
Off topic sort of but it's amazing what I laugh about now that used to wind me right up. Whew. Glad I've somewhat reached that point. Not that I won't have a little rant about it, but it's really not important like I used to think it was.
cheers.gif

wink_smile.gif
cheers.gif

wink_smile.gif
I'll tell you what does wind me up, tho...comp'ing a room for one person and having three show up and being told they were told they could sleep on the floor when the got here as 'it doesn't matter, they won't care'.
Yuppie guppies, that winds me right up!

Well, that parking seems to have sorted itself out...now we have the folks looking up the stairs and exclaiming, 'Oh, there are STAIRS?!'
I'm really not sure what 'second floor' means to some folks.
I had 2 lovely ladies who rang the bell everytime they came for breakfast. They actually went outside, walked around the building, came up the outside stairs and rang the bell rather than use the stairs inside the house, which required no going outside, no ringing of bells. For some reason they never understood that they could open the door themselves. So they would stand there and ring the bell and wait for someone to jump up from their breakfast to open the door.

Well, that parking seems to have sorted itself out...now we have the folks looking up the stairs and exclaiming, 'Oh, there are STAIRS?!'
I had 2 lovely ladies who rang the bell everytime they came for breakfast. They actually went outside, walked around the building, came up the outside stairs and rang the bell rather than use the stairs inside the house, which required no going outside, no ringing of bells. For some reason they never understood that they could open the door themselves. So they would stand there and ring the bell and wait for someone to jump up from their breakfast to open the door..
Morticia said:
I had 2 lovely ladies who rang the bell everytime they came for breakfast. They actually went outside, walked around the building, came up the outside stairs and rang the bell rather than use the stairs inside the house, which required no going outside, no ringing of bells. For some reason they never understood that they could open the door themselves. So they would stand there and ring the bell and wait for someone to jump up from their breakfast to open the door.
Adorable. Some folks just don't travel well.

I had 2 lovely ladies who rang the bell everytime they came for breakfast. They actually went outside, walked around the building, came up the outside stairs and rang the bell rather than use the stairs inside the house, which required no going outside, no ringing of bells. For some reason they never understood that they could open the door themselves. So they would stand there and ring the bell and wait for someone to jump up from their breakfast to open the door..
Morticia said:
Innkeeper To Go said:
Morticia said:
Ok, this sounds like one of those blond jokes. (Please, if you're a blond, don't take offense - I mean nothing personally.)

We have a circular driveway with a very obvious, designated parking area off to one side. It boggles my mind when guests pull up to the front door, in the middle of the circular driveway, and park there. Hello?? No one can get by you! Pull up to where you see ALL THE OTHER CARS!! If they are just dropping off their bags, no problem. But usually I will have to ask them to move their car. Totally bewildering to me that they don't notice their car is completely blocking the driveway!

We have a circular driveway with a very obvious, designated parking area off to one side. It boggles my mind when guests pull up to the front door, in the middle of the circular driveway, and park there. Hello?? No one can get by you! Pull up to where you see ALL THE OTHER CARS!! If they are just dropping off their bags, no problem. But usually I will have to ask them to move their car. Totally bewildering to me that they don't notice their car is completely blocking the driveway!.
Totally bewildering to me that they don't notice their car is completely blocking the driveway!
We live in a world where it is all about "ME". No one else exists. It happens in the grocery isles and restaurants with orders (you can't make it this way for just me?). It is everywhere. DH wants a T-shirt "HELLO - you are NOT the only one in the world!"

We have a circular driveway with a very obvious, designated parking area off to one side. It boggles my mind when guests pull up to the front door, in the middle of the circular driveway, and park there. Hello?? No one can get by you! Pull up to where you see ALL THE OTHER CARS!! If they are just dropping off their bags, no problem. But usually I will have to ask them to move their car. Totally bewildering to me that they don't notice their car is completely blocking the driveway!.
Country Girl said:
Totally bewildering to me that they don't notice their car is completely blocking the driveway!
No one else is checking in, right? They're the only people who found your place, right? They don't want the hoi polloi anywhere near their car? They really did mean to come right back out and move the car but were so happy in their room they forgot. They're running back out to go to dinner in an hour, what's the big deal?
I've heard them all...

Back