Let the season begin!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
We’re pretty clear that we cannot do early check in this year due to extensive cleaning after guests check out. But ‘using the bathroom’ at 10:30 am doesn’t count as ‘checking in,’ right?

This is our first busy day since February, 2020. OMG, the laundry! It’s been three hours and I’m only just finishing the comforters from one room. Five more rooms’ worth of laundry to go. I need to rethink my system.

Continuing adventures... first non-Covid cancellations and what were they? Sick dogs. Maybe that’s the excuse of the season. (Yes, multiple cancellations.)

Single guest last night. Used both beds. Oh well.
What is up with that??? We’ve seen the same thing. We call it Goldilocks Syndrome. And it’s not like they just pulled down the covers, tested it and then decided to try the other bed. It always looks like a wrestling match took place.

This is our first busy day since February, 2020. OMG, the laundry! It’s been three hours and I’m only just finishing the comforters from one room. Five more rooms’ worth of laundry to go. I need to rethink my system.
Do you have a steam Sanitation cycle on your dryer? Instead of washing/drying comforters, they can just be popped into the dryer for 10-15 minutes.

Do you have a steam Sanitation cycle on your dryer? Instead of washing/drying comforters, they can just be popped into the dryer for 10-15 minutes.
I don’t have that option. What I did was to buy new bedding that is washed and dried in an hour. And all of it, from every room, fits in the same load. It’s unfortunate I can’t have the really colorful options right now. Everything is solid white.

Last weekend I used the older bedding because I forgot how long it takes!

Bless you!
I did only my personal laundry. I had a laundry service for all those sheets, towels, comforters, quilts, mattress pads, bathrobes, napkins .... Washed with starch, dried and folded. PIckup and delivery three times a week. Best investment I ever made. They also took care of seasonal things like curtains. i don't think I would have lasted more than one season without them.

@seashanty unfortunately, we had no idea how busy we were going to be so I didn’t sign up for laundry service. Last year was no problem because we had a night between blocked. This year it’s non-stop.

Fortunately, the PPP program gave the opportunity to double up on our pillow protectors, mattress covers, and blankets. We also are continuing to block rooms 24 hrs between guests. That window to flip rooms between check-out and check-in is too much for us oldsters. We will electively undo the 24 block as it suits us, a room or two at a time.

Back