Let Us Pray

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I got a call asking if I would play with a group at the Salvation Army. Bari sax is the low register. OK. Then she calls - you will have a solo. HUH??? OK. I find Exodus in a song book on my shelf (popular songs from movies) and that should be OK for a church thing. Then Friday her husband calls - you have 2 solos. RIGHT!!
Well today is the day. I will leave here in about 15 minutes. Let us pray for their ears. DH has been asking all sorts of questions about this - and it does not seem to register with him that I am Sgt Schultz - I KNOW NOTHING! All I know is where I am going and, GOD help them, I am supposed to play 2 solos. Oh well. It does say a joyful noise!

just play something you love ... it will be great!
but you've already left so my best wishes go with you.

just play something you love ... it will be great!
but you've already left so my best wishes go with you.

Probably have done your solos already, Im so sure it went FABULOUSLY! God wanted you to be there and show everyone your wonderful gift. We are going to the Episcopalyan church this morning since there are no Lutheran churches, we will be shopping around for a home church. The churches are pretty close to eachother-Prespetarian, Episcopalian, Baptist, Methodist and Catholic...

Well I survived. The sermon was Make a joyful noise - how fitting. Other than the droms and a trumpet who were SA people, everyone was from The Shinnston Community Band (the couple organizing it were both groups). We accompanied te congregation on the doxology - that went well. Doc played a solo on his trombone for the offeratory - he is good (yes he is a Dr.). We also accompanied the congregation on the opening hymn, Doc did another solo, I got through mine with just one real bad spot, the euphomium and his daughter on her trumpet played 2 songs as a duet, and the closing hymn we could not find the page because the number got changed at the last minute! It was a good morning - and we did make a joyful noise!
(Fools even asked me if I would come back - just shows they are gluttons for punishment)

Back