Letting my dog go...one of the hardest things I've ever done...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry Sue. (((((Hugs))))
It seems that our pets all age at the same time. Our last group died within a year. Now for our current crew, we have had a long time but they are all 7 & 8 so the same thing will probably happen again.
It is so hard when our pets age.
Not pets, but I am one of the youngest cousins and our family reunion is this weekend. Only a few will be here because some are gone and others have major health problems. But we decided to just keeping on for those that are still here. Otherwise we just don't get to see each other if we don't plan it..
Thanks...I only started crying today when I emailed my fantastic webmaster to change up the policy page on my website where it talks about our pets.
sad_smile.gif

The entire generation of my family that is the same as my mother & father (both sides) are now gone, including most of their first cousins. My oldest brother is the oldest of all of my cousins and he will be 71 this year. Obviously, I am much, much younger :).

My heart is breaking for you. Last June we had to put down our 10 year old golden retriever. My husband and I and our 3 children were all with her. It was one of the hardest days of our lives. In September we got another golden and she is wonderful, but I still miss my good friend....
Thanks. We still have our 15 year old male Cocker Spaniel and our porch kitty that acts like a dog sometimes :) When our other dog goes it will be awhile before we get another dog. I think because they lived so long, they really become so much a part of the family and I don't think I'll be ready for another one. Unless a dog comes along adopts us...
Samster, I am thinking of you today as we are "dog sitting" a 14 month old Golden Retriever. When I saw her DRINKING from the septic drain field and then saw all the mud on her feet (we've had lots of rain lately) I thought I was going to strangle her!
I am taking a deep breath and remembering that I'm really happy to have her here
regular_smile.gif
REALLY!

This must be a bad week for beloved pets. We took my 16-year-old gray tabby (one of two siblings, our indoor cats) to the vet yesterday for a final visit. He had feline myeloma for the last year and stopped eating on Wednesday. This is the first morning where I didn't try to tempt him to eat something in many months. We are fortunate to still have his brother, who's still very healthy, and a bevy of outdoor cats for distraction.

This must be a bad week for beloved pets. We took my 16-year-old gray tabby (one of two siblings, our indoor cats) to the vet yesterday for a final visit. He had feline myeloma for the last year and stopped eating on Wednesday. This is the first morning where I didn't try to tempt him to eat something in many months. We are fortunate to still have his brother, who's still very healthy, and a bevy of outdoor cats for distraction..
Oh golly, sorry Jeanne.

This must be a bad week for beloved pets. We took my 16-year-old gray tabby (one of two siblings, our indoor cats) to the vet yesterday for a final visit. He had feline myeloma for the last year and stopped eating on Wednesday. This is the first morning where I didn't try to tempt him to eat something in many months. We are fortunate to still have his brother, who's still very healthy, and a bevy of outdoor cats for distraction..
I am very sorry. I know it hurts.

I am So sorry to hear this.... it is soooooo hard

Sorry to hear that Jeanne.

I am late to see this....
I am so, so sorry about your kitty. They really become our good friends.

We understand just how you feel; we've been there too many times. Our old lady is still chugging along, more slowly every day and I dread when the day comes.
Our best wishes to you!

Back