Life Changing Decision

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been a lot of good sound advice here, so I only have a couple of things to add at this point. -
1 - Even after you have your website up and running, it will take time to get it ranked. In order to make it work for you during this 'waiting period', you may want to invest in Google's sponsored listings. With the use of the right keywords, this could help to bring some traffic to your site and hopefully some paying guests to your inn.
2. Make sure that the rates have not sat idle during this time... and make sure they are increased as you add the needed amenities. CABBI may also shed some light on this matter as well.
Much luck with this venture. Remember, we are here to offer help and support..
Your right. I have a little background in SEO and hope to accelerate the ranking. I'm doing a lot of competition analysis to pin down rates. I know that she dropped rates quite a bit, perhaps to reflect economic conditions and less demand. But I'm also convinced that demand has dropped due to lack of marketing.
Greatly appreciate your support.
inndecision said:
I'm doing a lot of competition analysis to pin down rates. I know that she dropped rates quite a bit, perhaps to reflect economic conditions and less demand. But I'm also convinced that demand has dropped due to lack of marketing.
Without knowing the particular inn, it's difficult to say with certainly just where the rates should be. But, that said, I've seen an awful lot of rate erosion in "the other wine country" over the last couple of years. And for most of the inns, it's just futile.
Sure, it's tough to compare rates with the giveaway rates of nearby cities. But there are and always will be folks willing to pay appropriate rates for wine country getaways, whether they're laid back casual inns or high-end luxurious resorts. Targeted marketing is the key to getting those guests, not reducing rates.
So in addition to looking at improving occupancy, be sure to look at improving rates at your aunt's inn.
Remember that all of your profit - all of your profit - is in the daily rate.
Strengthen ADR to its most sustainable level. In a 4-room inn, this is especially critical.

The first thing I would do is get a new and fresh website with alot of key words so you can be found. I seem to get alot of hits from bedandbreakfast.com
If your funds can help out I suggest an online reservations system
try to get your Inn on tripadvisor.com Get alot of hits from that also.
The best of luck
Its alot of fun and of course the more you put into it the more you get out of it

The first thing I would do is get a new and fresh website with alot of key words so you can be found. I seem to get alot of hits from bedandbreakfast.com
The best of luck
Its alot of fun and of course the more you put into it the more you get out of it.
nkeeprs said:
An online reservation system is required!

The best of luck
Its alot of fun and of course the more you put into it the more you get out of it.
nkeeprs said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Absolutely.
It is not a nice-to-have or an afterthought.
It is absolutely necessary to your success.

The best of luck
nkeeprs said:
Agreed. As soon as I get the website up that will be the first thing I do.

The best of luck
nkeeprs said:
Sounds like you have made your decision? lol you go girl!

The best of luck
nkeeprs said:
inndecision said:
I think a decision has been reached!!! Onward and upward!
thumbs_up.gif

The best of luck
nkeeprs said:
And both ReservationKey and Webervations are affordable. If there is a web site, there needs to be online rez. I am a total cheapskate and admit it. I have used both and both gave me what I needed - reservations at 2 a.m. while I slept.

The best of luck
nkeeprs said:
inndecision said:
I think a decision has been reached!!! Onward and upward!
thumbs_up.gif

Getting there. I appreciate your support and encouragement.

Back