Life with a senior driver

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
One photo says it all
Senior_Driver.jpg

I have told my kids to not be surprised if DH kills me in a car wreck. Between looking for deer and "adjusting" his foot on the brake (in gear of course)......... Taking his car keys is not an option - YET! Not looking forward to it, but hopeful he will just surrender them, but if he does get worse, I will go through the battle and demand them.

I have told my kids to not be surprised if DH kills me in a car wreck. Between looking for deer and "adjusting" his foot on the brake (in gear of course)......... Taking his car keys is not an option - YET! Not looking forward to it, but hopeful he will just surrender them, but if he does get worse, I will go through the battle and demand them..
gillumhouse said:
I have told my kids to not be surprised if DH kills me in a car wreck. Between looking for deer and "adjusting" his foot on the brake (in gear of course)......... Taking his car keys is not an option - YET! Not looking forward to it, but hopeful he will just surrender them, but if he does get worse, I will go through the battle and demand them.
I think it's funny that you think YOU will be taking the keys from HIM first. It might just end up being the other way around.
lol-053.gif

My M-I-L is 90. We had to take her keys away from per the doctor's orders almost 10 years ago. That was not a fun exercise. It was another couple of years before we could convince her to let us sell the car.
I'm a crappy driver. I know it. I won't have a problem when they take my keys away from me. DW does most of the driving now anyway.
It's not that I can't drive, it's just that I got tired of her screaming while bracing herself against the dashboard and slamming on the imaginary brakes everytime she was a passenger. In my defense, I haven't had an accident or a ticket in over 25 years.

I have told my kids to not be surprised if DH kills me in a car wreck. Between looking for deer and "adjusting" his foot on the brake (in gear of course)......... Taking his car keys is not an option - YET! Not looking forward to it, but hopeful he will just surrender them, but if he does get worse, I will go through the battle and demand them..
gillumhouse said:
I think it's funny that you think YOU will be taking the keys from HIM first. It might just end up being the other way around.
lol-053.gif

My M-I-L is 90. We had to take her keys away from per the doctor's orders almost 10 years ago. That was not a fun exercise. It was another couple of years before we could convince her to let us sell the car.
I'm a crappy driver. I know it. I won't have a problem when they take my keys away from me. DW does most of the driving now anyway.
It's not that I can't drive, it's just that I got tired of her screaming while bracing herself against the dashboard and slamming on the imaginary brakes everytime she was a passenger. In my defense, I haven't had an accident or a ticket in over 25 years.
I think it's funny that you think YOU will be taking the keys from HIM first. It might just end up being the other way around
I used to think so too because I am the one supposed to get the Big A, but lately I am wondering.... and since he has hit the big 70..... I plan to be dead before they come for my keys - and I am doing everything I can to help my kids not have to deal with me....

Back