Lilacs, shall I?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
SHALL I?
They are so fragrant, but for some cause drippy eyes. But it is a sure fire way to make this inn smell great! They are blooming right now, as well as the Wisteria... Would you?

I do! Cut an X in the bottom of the stem so it can suck up more water and last longer.

I did!
Thanks for the X marks the spot hint, I will go do that right now.
Currently in the parlor at The Inn awaiting check-ins...sorry for the drippy eyes, but dang these amazing flowers are worth it! http://t.co/l0X4BYUJ
It's 82 outside and super windy, so it is like pollen-R-us today anyway...

Nope! I love 'em and leave 'em out side where everyone can enjoy them. Too many guests with allergies to take a chance on bringing them in. Sunflowers are another one that I don't bring in. Even I sneeze when near them.
But hey, if it works for you and your guests that's great! They are lovely and make a fragrant bouquet!

I am so glad you did. I would if I had them. If a guest has a problem, you can always move them into your space but in the meantime - ENJOY!! I do miss lilacs. Granny had both purple and white lilacs. They smelled ao wonderful. I noticed this morning, the quince that traveled across the yard to around my meter well has bloomed (I cannot kill it no matter how hard I try) and really is pretty. If I get guests this week I know what will be in their vases.

Nope! I love 'em and leave 'em out side where everyone can enjoy them. Too many guests with allergies to take a chance on bringing them in. Sunflowers are another one that I don't bring in. Even I sneeze when near them.
But hey, if it works for you and your guests that's great! They are lovely and make a fragrant bouquet!.
Silverspoon said:
But hey, if it works for you and your guests that's great! They are lovely and make a fragrant bouquet!
Well we are in the green season at the moment, green fuzz, so I figure if someone hasn't taken an antihistamine by now... I feel their effect in the house, but am going to endure it. They aren't in the dining room, so a guest can avoid them if they want to.
Yeah sunflowers are so beautiful. I love all of these flowers.

Oh, I love lilacs! I would put them in the room and then remove them if they're a problem. I can't wait until they bloom here.

Love them. They don't love me. I get a wicked headache. I enjoy them from a distance.

Back