Linen inventory

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTLLodge

Reaction score
I need some ideal what a good inventory for bed and bath linens. Number of sheet sets, blankets, towles, bedspread etc. We are getting closer to opening!

At a minimum 3 sets of sheets (and I recommend 2 sets of pillowcases per set of sheets) for each bed - one on the bed, one in the laundry, and one on the shelf.
Have at least one extra blanket per bed and one extra bedspread/duvet per bed size.
2 sets of pillows per bed - and have both feather and fiber as there will be people who can only have.....
Same for sets of towels plus at least 2 - there will always be a towel hog - but per possible guest.
This is my personal minimum list.

1. At least 3 sets of sheets per bed (you just never know when you may be turning rooms every day and things get stained).
  2. At least 3 sets of towels per guest (set= face cloth, hand towel, bath towel).
  3. At least 2 bathmats per room.
  4. At least 1 backup blanket per 2 beds.
  5. At least 1 backup mattress pad/cover per bed size.
  6. At least 1 backup quilt/coverlet per bed size.
  7. Extra pillow cases that match the sheets (buy these when you buy the sheets, you'll never find them again!)
  8. Backup duvet covers if you have duvets.
  9. Backup pillows (I have 4 spare pillows).
  10. Backup bathrobes (if you have bathrobes).

Have as many of the same color as you can to interchange, ie all the same color towels - not sets of one color per room specifically. I am still battling that issue here. Can't wait to see your progress!

Have as many of the same color as you can to interchange, ie all the same color towels - not sets of one color per room specifically. I am still battling that issue here. Can't wait to see your progress!.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Have as many of the same color as you can to interchange, ie all the same color towels - not sets of one color per room specifically. I am still battling that issue here. Can't wait to see your progress!
Good one. Another one along that line is to have different colors for different bed sizes so it's easy to grab and go. Or, at least a different pattern if the same color. Something where the pillowcases are interchangeable.

Have as many of the same color as you can to interchange, ie all the same color towels - not sets of one color per room specifically. I am still battling that issue here. Can't wait to see your progress!.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Good one. Another one along that line is to have different colors for different bed sizes so it's easy to grab and go. Or, at least a different pattern if the same color. Something where the pillowcases are interchangeable.
I have 4 sets of white pillowcases for when I have been lax in keeping the appointment with the dreaded ironing board.
Also light bulbs, batteries of all sizes, a couple vases, at least 4 tablecloths (I am now buying napkins in a neutral color to go with any of my tablecloths) , and extra of anything that can possibly break because it will.

Thanks!
wink_smile.gif

Back