Linens N Things going out of business

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
Apparently they are closing all their stores and there are huge markdowns online as well, good time to buy all that stuff you need (cash permitting!!)

well i heard LNT and I can see that from their website, I don't know about BBB

well i heard LNT and I can see that from their website, I don't know about BBB.
How ironic - I was just at LNT. I found this quite amusing...
Just below the GIANT going out of business sign, there was another sign - NOW HIRING. I took a picture with my cellphone, but one was in the shade too much to see.
I bought a knife sharpener there and returned it. There going out of business price was still 40% higher than Target's.

well i heard LNT and I can see that from their website, I don't know about BBB.
How ironic - I was just at LNT. I found this quite amusing...
Just below the GIANT going out of business sign, there was another sign - NOW HIRING. I took a picture with my cellphone, but one was in the shade too much to see.
I bought a knife sharpener there and returned it. There going out of business price was still 40% higher than Target's.
ah well, maybe the government just bailed them out as well LOL. Actually I was just browsing their site, they have pulled a HUGE number of products from their online ordering and their prices do not seem that great.

We went to the LNT going-out-of-business sale to pick up a new comforter, expecting great prices.
Then we went to Kohl's and bought one for a lot less.

The only discounts I saw were 10% off their inflated prices. If this is their idea of a clearance sale, they'll have enough remaining stock to be open for a few years.
I definitely won't be shedding any tears for them.

Yeah, I went too. I was also disappointed. I picked up just a couple of little things, but their sale was only 20% off.

We noticed this back during the summer when we were gearing up for our opening. We asked and apparently they are just closing SOME stores and not all. Downscaling instead of going out of business.
I may be wrong.

We noticed this back during the summer when we were gearing up for our opening. We asked and apparently they are just closing SOME stores and not all. Downscaling instead of going out of business.
I may be wrong..
They filed for bankrupcy on Oct. 13, so they're not just downscalling. All the stores will eventually close unless they are bought out.
Other businesses that have filed for bankrupcy: Bennigans, Mrs. Fields Cookies (
cry_smile.gif
), Lillian Vernon, Sharper Image and Mattress Discounters.

I may be wrong..
They filed for bankrupcy on Oct. 13, so they're not just downscalling. All the stores will eventually close unless they are bought out.
Other businesses that have filed for bankrupcy: Bennigans, Mrs. Fields Cookies (
cry_smile.gif
tle041 said:
cry_smile.gif
It is funny isn't it, I like Mrs Fields but haven't had one for like 25 years. I have the copycat recipes I make.
chef.gif

Probably because you have to put me in a straight jacket to go to a mall.

At 230 calories for EACH Mrs. Fields macadamia nut cookie (my favorite), I'm kinda glad they're going bankrupt. I'll miss all that artery-clogging goodness, though.

At 230 calories for EACH Mrs. Fields macadamia nut cookie (my favorite), I'm kinda glad they're going bankrupt. I'll miss all that artery-clogging goodness, though..
tle041 said:
At 230 calories for EACH Mrs. Fields macadamia nut cookie (my favorite), I'm kinda glad they're going bankrupt. I'll miss all that artery-clogging goodness, though.
Hey, did you eat all those cookies here on Friday? That was what the guests loved best too, apparently. Like I said, it is too late, I already have the copy cat recipes. There is no chockier peanut butter cookie than Mrs Fields. ADDICTIVE.

I may be wrong..
cry_smile.gif
tle041 said:
cry_smile.gif
It is funny isn't it, I like Mrs Fields but haven't had one for like 25 years. I have the copycat recipes I make.
chef.gif

I also cannot understand the "Let's go to the Mall". I hate shopping. I go only when I have to - or lately when old CJ is having a really good sale. Have not had this much new clothes in years!

I may be wrong..
cry_smile.gif
tle041 said:
cry_smile.gif
chef.gif

I also cannot understand the "Let's go to the Mall". I hate shopping. I go only when I have to - or lately when old CJ is having a really good sale. Have not had this much new clothes in years!
gillumhouse said:
I can only equate it to be handcuffed and dragged through a habadashery. Even the smells make me dizzy and tired.

At 230 calories for EACH Mrs. Fields macadamia nut cookie (my favorite), I'm kinda glad they're going bankrupt. I'll miss all that artery-clogging goodness, though..
tle041 said:
Hey, did you eat all those cookies here on Friday? That was what the guests loved best too, apparently. Like I said, it is too late, I already have the copy cat recipes. There is no chockier peanut butter cookie than Mrs Fields. ADDICTIVE.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
tle041 said:
Hey, may I have the recipies please?

tle041 said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
tle041 said:
Hey, did you eat all those cookies here on Friday?
If that's what you have at your B&B for guests, I'm there. Copy cat recipe or not.

Back