Linkedin B&B Group

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
There is a much more international B&B group with nearly 2000 members on linkedin. It is not as active as this group, although I know many of the innkeepers there read more than they post. "B&B Bloggers" if you have not seen it yet.
This question was posed today, which made me chuckle (I know on THIS forum the responses would be in the double digits)
[h4]
"If you have a B & B in France that is only open for 8 months of the year, can you claim any sort of government assistance for the 4 months which you are in effect unemployed?"[/h4]
After reading this I thought about how I don't actually GET a paycheck so perhaps I can go on unemployment year-round.
shades_smile.gif

What I do know is someone did that here. We don't know who but they did collect unemployment. But, in order to claim it you actually have to be on the payroll the rest of the year. So, for those of us who don't collect a paycheck, it doesn't work.

I do collect a paycheck from our corp, but the corp doesn't pay unemployment insurance, so it would be impossible for me to collect. With only the 2 of us as employees (DH & I), even if I could I just wouldn't do it.
I don't see how you could get by with it...it's your choice to close down your business for those months!

The carpenters on my guesthouse project said they usually collect unemployment in the winter months when they can't work outside. Same with a lot of farm workers.

Our POs told us that their employees collected unemployment during down season.

Back