Linking google and trip advisor reviews

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joffa

Reaction score
Hi
Our website has reviews on both google (local search results) and trip advisor. Has anyone worked out how and when google picks up tripadvisor's reviews. I had several TA reviews for many months that didn't appear in google's reviews. Suddenly they did. Is there any particular reason for this or is it just the lag of google's trawling the web (I ask because someone else has asked what I did to fix it and I have no idea).
Cheers

I don't know about google but if you want to link trip adviser to your web site you can get a piece of code from the trip adviser web site that will link you in direct. That may be a way round it.

I have no idea which order and why either, it will have one a year old as the main review in google from TA, meanwhile there have been newer reviews. If you find out please let us know. :)

Google picks them up and adds them as it sees fit. One key thing is to make sure that your business name and address and all other info is consistent. Use of slight variation often cause confusion between the multiple sources of reviews.
Example: Sometimes the business is listed as XYZHouse Bed and Breakfast and sometimes XYZ House Bed and Breakfast (yes the difference of a space can be that critical).
Address and contact info on every page of a website and matching info in yoru Google Business listing are also essential.

Google picks them up and adds them as it sees fit. One key thing is to make sure that your business name and address and all other info is consistent. Use of slight variation often cause confusion between the multiple sources of reviews.
Example: Sometimes the business is listed as XYZHouse Bed and Breakfast and sometimes XYZ House Bed and Breakfast (yes the difference of a space can be that critical).
Address and contact info on every page of a website and matching info in yoru Google Business listing are also essential..
swirt said:
Address and contact info on every page of a website and matching info in yoru Google Business listing are also essential.
How does one fix that inconsistency? (Can one?) I'm pretty sure I'm all over as both College House Bed and Breakfast and College House B&B... and I have seen the effect of the duality.
=)
Kk.

Address and contact info on every page of a website and matching info in yoru Google Business listing are also essential..
swirt said:
How does one fix that inconsistency? (Can one?) I'm pretty sure I'm all over as both College House Bed and Breakfast and College House B&B... and I have seen the effect of the duality.
=)
Kk.
Pick one, then make as many of the changes as you can (unfortunately, not everything can be changed). I rarely find the B&B vs Bed and Breakfast to be the issue. The major systems (TripAdvisor, Google ...) seem smart enough to handle that. It is usually more an issue with variations / inconsistencies in the rest of the business name. If you see a dual listing keep returning in Google Local .. now Google Places. Be sure to keep reporting the not quite correct one as incorrect.

Back