Listing Website....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
I received an email today from LBB. I've never listed with them. They seem to have maybe 5 or 6 establishments in Montreal, most of which are legally hotels, not B&Bs. The price seems a bit steep. Anyone getting good results from them?
From Alexa, I can see that their members skew a bit older than my normal customer.
Is it worth the money?

Don't know what you are referring to? If they are hotels, then I wouldn't bother. If someone just emailing randomly...move on...and don't pay them. Do they show up on a Google Search? Who uses Alexa? Is that a popular site in Canada for folks to search...?????.

Don't know what you are referring to? If they are hotels, then I wouldn't bother. If someone just emailing randomly...move on...and don't pay them. Do they show up on a Google Search? Who uses Alexa? Is that a popular site in Canada for folks to search...?????..
Lanier.
I use Alexa because you with a full account you can see the rankings, traffic to a website. For example, 591 sites link in to the website and 79% of the traffic is coming from Google. 57% of the traffic is from the US, then India, then Canada.
The Alexa database gives you an idea of who, demographically goes to a website. Information that Google doesn't give out.

Lanier was useless for me. Tried them for 1 year and stopped. Got some click throughs, but no bookings. In the local research I did for our state association, it turned out that if your listing was in a larger city, then Lanier did ok on google searches, if a smaller town, forget it. They put no marketing money into seo for smaller towns.

Don't know what you are referring to? If they are hotels, then I wouldn't bother. If someone just emailing randomly...move on...and don't pay them. Do they show up on a Google Search? Who uses Alexa? Is that a popular site in Canada for folks to search...?????..
Lanier.
I use Alexa because you with a full account you can see the rankings, traffic to a website. For example, 591 sites link in to the website and 79% of the traffic is coming from Google. 57% of the traffic is from the US, then India, then Canada.
The Alexa database gives you an idea of who, demographically goes to a website. Information that Google doesn't give out.
I did a search for our town B & B's and they are so out of date. Some haven't been open in years!

I'm in Montreal, but when I did a search, BB came up first, BBCanada come after the local listings, further on the second page (skipping the locals, just looking at directories) came inns and then lanier.
(And I was on the first page... in front of them.)
The question is more, how many people go there first, because they have in the past and therefore would come to me. Do I really need to pay for a year only to find out that they don't produce and I've wasted my good money?

That Lanier website has never gotten me anything either. No no one in my area is even listed there anymore. Guess they all feel the same.

I don't see the successful inns here using Lanier except for one. Have never hearda anyone say they got any business from them so never used them
RIki

HIghest bounce rate of any directory I listed on and the 'older' crowd is my demographic.

I'm in Montreal, but when I did a search, BB came up first, BBCanada come after the local listings, further on the second page (skipping the locals, just looking at directories) came inns and then lanier.
(And I was on the first page... in front of them.)
The question is more, how many people go there first, because they have in the past and therefore would come to me. Do I really need to pay for a year only to find out that they don't produce and I've wasted my good money?.
Oh you are referring to L a N ier...FORGET THEM! Several of us here have very personal BAD experience with the owner. I don't know anyone who uses them any longer.

Okay.... I guess it's unsubscribe... from their spam..
GBManor said:
Okay.... I guess it's unsubscribe... from their spam.
read my siggie line on here again...
In some ways, you are correct, but they are using ConstantContact, so the SafeUnsubscribe at least let me leave that list and send them a note. It's as good as I'm going to get.

Okay.... I guess it's unsubscribe... from their spam..
GBManor said:
Okay.... I guess it's unsubscribe... from their spam.
read my siggie line on here again...
In some ways, you are correct, but they are using ConstantContact, so the SafeUnsubscribe at least let me leave that list and send them a note. It's as good as I'm going to get.
Which is really nice because if you unsubscribe they can't add you back in to the same account.

Back