Local Activities

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vkblondie

Reaction score
I am trying to brain storm about other ways to try and pick up some missing business in the future for doing small events here. IDEALLY they will be for people staying over to get people to book.....BUT some of the locals want to experience my events but not say overnight..
Examples: Spa Weekend, Murder Mystery Dinner and Wine Tasting
All three of these were requested by some local citizens. Have any of you done local events NOT requiring an over night stay? How do you charge? The murder mystery is easier i think, for it can be charged like a per person package, but what about SPA stuff or wine tasting?
Ideas welcome!!

As of right now, I would suggest no group events at all. The only way to bring back normal is to stop the spread. Stay away from other people.
Instead, market gift certificates for the coming season.

As of right now, I would suggest no group events at all. The only way to bring back normal is to stop the spread. Stay away from other people.
Instead, market gift certificates for the coming season..
as mentioned i am trying to think about idea's for the future to regain losses. Now that business is non existant, i am trying to compile things to do for the Future....not now.

I do elopements. Up to 4 (maybe 6) guests for the ceremony.
Take a drive now that there are no guests - write down turns (route #, street name, direction - straight, left, right) at intersections where turning ot just going straight - to area places of interest. I have covered bridges (2 different routes) & wineries, motorcycle day trips (4 different routes), and can come up with history tours, antique shops,,,,, I also mark FYI of other places on the route that may be of interest to someone.
Locate rail-trails if any in the area.
Compile a list of Public Golf Courses - I called for greens fees and hours and cart rental prices
Look at what is available in your area - look at it as a new resident, not through the eyes that have seen it all your life.
E-mail me if you want details.

Oops. Sorry. I misspoke. Or misread. Or both.
Keep up communication with your fb followers. Count down to your reopening. Tease them with breakfast pictures or afternoon snack pictures.

Keep up communication with your fb followers. Count down to your reopening. Tease them with breakfast pictures or afternoon snack pictures..
unfortunetly i had to cancel my Grand Re-Opening because all businesses here are shutting down do to Corona, until i know what is happening in the country, i have no future date set.
Teasers good...FB followers good, but do you do any Local activities?

Keep up communication with your fb followers. Count down to your reopening. Tease them with breakfast pictures or afternoon snack pictures..
unfortunetly i had to cancel my Grand Re-Opening because all businesses here are shutting down do to Corona, until i know what is happening in the country, i have no future date set.
Teasers good...FB followers good, but do you do any Local activities?
I have done Open House Christmas Tour - at the time we had a craft shop in town that decorated 2 of the rooms. $1 donation at the door with the money going to the Lord's Pantry Food Bank. (have done open house this way (without Christmas) a couple times)
I am the hospitality room (and bathroom) for vendors during our Arts & Creafts Festival.I am involved in the city so participate in most everything.
During Frontier Days, the big carnival rides are in front of my house - people sit on my wall, on my steps while eating their food or waiting for someone to get off a ride. Last year, they even sat on the glider on my porch - not guests.

Back