Local innmates get together?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Another post somewhere on here made me think about this: What if we could set aside atime for all of us who are living fairly close to each other to get together? I mean, set a certian 'mile' radius, set a date and meeting place, and get together for an over nighter? I would be willing to do it and even offer my place, and everyone could all bring / provide snacks and either make breakie together, or go out or what ever each little group wanted to do.
It could be a blast! We would be able to get to know each other, share recipes, or ideas or whatever... we could leave it that each group could make it as simple or as structured as you wanted!
I know there are several on here who can't afford to go to the conference but would love to meet up with other innmates! I'm not trying to take anything away from the convention, please don't think that. I'd just love to meet other innmates/innkeepers.
We could open it up to all 'innkeepers' within the area, or leave it just for the innmates!
MTL you are fairly close to me, what do you think?
Of course it would have to be in a down time (ie my slow time here is mid january).
What do you all think?

I think it is a grand idea! And I would be interested, but don't know if I would really be invited (not being an Inn Owner). So, keep me posted on the when and where and if I would be welcomed. Thanks!

I think it is an excellant ideal! We could use my place also. I've been wanting to meet as many of you as I can.

Swap an inn for an inn stay and then no one will feel bad taking up space at each others B&B's. :) I have done this in the past, and it is a PERK of owning an inn.
I have recently been privileged to know an innkeeper on the Atlantic side but north of us who I plan to meet this way in the near future. We both have innkeeping children so we thought we could meet up and they could share their own innkeeping stories. The first step is always a little iffy, that is why I alwayy say we are open, come on and see us, we can swap gift certificates if it makes the transaction more real. :) It's fun!

Swap an inn for an inn stay and then no one will feel bad taking up space at each others B&B's. :) I have done this in the past, and it is a PERK of owning an inn.
I have recently been privileged to know an innkeeper on the Atlantic side but north of us who I plan to meet this way in the near future. We both have innkeeping children so we thought we could meet up and they could share their own innkeeping stories. The first step is always a little iffy, that is why I alwayy say we are open, come on and see us, we can swap gift certificates if it makes the transaction more real. :) It's fun!.
Joey Bloggs said:
I have recently been privileged to know an innkeeper on the Atlantic side but north of us who I plan to meet this way in the near future. We both have innkeeping children so we thought we could meet up and they could share their own innkeeping stories. The first step is always a little iffy, that is why I alwayy say we are open, come on and see us, we can swap gift certificates if it makes the transaction more real. :) It's fun!
This is fun, but I was thinking more of several of us getting together.

I thinking like you Sunshine. Is there anyone interested in meeting up with 2 innkeepers from Missouri? Lets see who is interested and then plan where we stay.

I have recently been privileged to know an innkeeper on the Atlantic side but north of us who I plan to meet this way in the near future. We both have innkeeping children so we thought we could meet up and they could share their own innkeeping stories. The first step is always a little iffy, that is why I alwayy say we are open, come on and see us, we can swap gift certificates if it makes the transaction more real. :) It's fun!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Sunshine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
yes, agreed. Was just sharing how some of us exchange gc's. Why pay to stay someplace when you can trade stays and have more fun seeing each others inns.

We would love this...we are all innkeepers whether we own an Inn or not. Im in AK..anyone around here?

We would love this...we are all innkeepers whether we own an Inn or not. Im in AK..anyone around here?.
birdwatcher said:
We would love this...we are all innkeepers whether we own an Inn or not. Im in AK..anyone around here?
Alaska?
shades_smile.gif

I'm headed out to WA and will be there the week of Dec 13th. Any Innkeepers in the Seattle or West sound area?? Would love to say "Hi" and meet you!

I think what JB is trying to say is if one of you hosts the get together than all the others that are attending will give the host a GC to stay at their place someday in the future. If you are going to get together why spend $ someplace when you all have nice places with several bedrooms and baths!? And we can all pitch in to help clean and do laundry b4 we leave! Goodness knows we all know how to do that! I wouldn't mind hosting either - I have 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, pool table, hot tub - not a bad place to hang out really! But I would also drive to MO - never been there b4!

I think what JB is trying to say is if one of you hosts the get together than all the others that are attending will give the host a GC to stay at their place someday in the future. If you are going to get together why spend $ someplace when you all have nice places with several bedrooms and baths!? And we can all pitch in to help clean and do laundry b4 we leave! Goodness knows we all know how to do that! I wouldn't mind hosting either - I have 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, pool table, hot tub - not a bad place to hang out really! But I would also drive to MO - never been there b4!.
Suellen, Thanks for explaining the GC idea. was that what you meant JB?
I was not thinking of anyone paying for the stay. I wouldn't want you all to pay me to stay here for a get together! I was thinking everyone who wanted could come, bring food, or buy it when you get here and all of us just cook together, and visit etc.... No stress, no Serving, just everyone helping everyone and HAVING FUN. Like I said before it could be as simple or as structured as the host home wanted it to be.
As far as laundry... for me, just stripping the beds and bringing down the laundry would be enough, my laundry room is so teeny tiny. OK so maybe help with folding would be good too!
regular_smile.gif

MTL, I'm right in the center of the state, You are further north, Who out there is close to either one of us?

We've made an offer on a place in MO. It's not actually a B&B but I'm still hoping to hang out here and hope to learn how to add some of that ambiance that B&B's seem to have so much of. We're very excited and nervous! We have so much to learn - so, I'd love to learn about a get together!

birdwatcher - we'll be in AR over the holidays... email me your address!
I'd love to get together again like a few of us did a couple of years ago in Virginia/WV

Back