Logging in to Bing Places

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, I get an email from Bing every month telling me 'your site is getting noticed!' Yay! Well, I also have a problem with searches for my place on Bing in that all they show is a generic gray outline of a hotel instead of a real photo like everyone else has.
Today I decided to log on again and maybe flip my pix around to get something to show up. I went to Bing Places and tried to sign in. They no longer accept the account I signed up with. The only way I can sign in is thru gmail (does that make any sense at all???), Facebook, or with a Microsoft account. So how do they prove I am who I say if I sign in with some random gmail account I just created in order to mess around with this account? What happened to my old login info using the B&B address?
If need be I will actually create a random gmail account with fake info just to see what happens. This stuff with MS is so annoying. It happened when I got my new computer - create an account so you can access your own data. BS.
And, it's obvious they have my B&B email because that's where they send the email!

I use a Microsoft Account which was created over a decade ago. I wouldn't rush though, since I have been trying to get my uploaded pix to display since March 13th. Every week I get this in my mailbox telling me that my own submitted pix may not be correct vs what is displayed on Yelp and Trip:
I just want to touch base with you regarding the status of your listing. We might need to allow additional time in order to resolve this issue, as the system needs to draw data from numerous sources in order to ensure the correct information are displayed. We certainly understand the urgency of getting this issue fixed the soonest. I assure you that we’re working with the Engineering Team to have this fixed and will let you know if we have any updates from them next week on 05/13/2019.
Have a wonderful day!
Regards,
Klarisse

You know what that says to me? They believe the liars at yelp and ta before they believe the actual owners of the property. They take 'guest' photos as law. Our photos are considered fake unless guest photos are the same.
I had a guest take pix in every room. They are terrible. But they have thousands of views. So my property looks like a dorm if you only look at those photos.

You know what that says to me? They believe the liars at yelp and ta before they believe the actual owners of the property. They take 'guest' photos as law. Our photos are considered fake unless guest photos are the same.
I had a guest take pix in every room. They are terrible. But they have thousands of views. So my property looks like a dorm if you only look at those photos..
Definitely!!!
And the reason why I contacted support in the first place. I was, however, able to get my Main photo to show.
And when I get my next email in 3 days, I will finally point this out AND ask them why the H*LL it's taken them 2 months!

Back