logo?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Hi guys. I was working on a logo to be placed on websites. I just wanted some feed back on this. This is the first one. So your thoughts on this will be helpful.
Screen%20shot%202012-11-30%20at%203.19.22%20PM.png

The concept is O.K., but rather than using the photo, I would incorporate a graphic drawing of a gift box into the text. As it is, the use is very limited and couldn't be used in multiple formats.

How about a graphic of the lid tilted open - a simple line drawing with lid partly off and someone looking inside. Just lines suggesting this, nothing detailed. We are all doing our own reward so maybe instead of a person a question mark rising from the box. Just some random thoughts.

If the logo is on multiple websites/FB etc it should pop. Bright colors. bold text. (this is not what I mean...but just a quick example with guests at the table currently)
lrg_innrewards_test.jpg

If the logo is on multiple websites/FB etc it should pop. Bright colors. bold text. (this is not what I mean...but just a quick example with guests at the table currently)
lrg_innrewards_test.jpg
Joey Bloggs said:
If the logo is on multiple websites/FB etc it should pop. Bright colors. bold text.
thumbs_up.gif

And I'll put in a plug for 99 Designs. I have a very good experience with them producing a professional logo for me. (I have no gifts in the creativity department, but they sure do!)

Good ideas and feed back is good on this. My thoughts are for this to be warm and elegant. I know colors could be an issue. I know some people will not want to place a bright looking logo on their site if they have a soft color schem for their site. ( I could be wrong). I think the logo could be different than the clickable link on our websites. We could add some more text to it. I think it needs to be obvious to people to click on the image. But, again just an opinion. I am not goo at designing logos. My wife came up with this one. I'm not to up on a cartoon look. I like the romantic elegant look. It's for the most part who we all cater to. If any of you are good at this, throw some more ideas out. Both for the linking sites, on the site, no logo, just the name, colors, colors for the site.....? Thanks everyone!

lrg_innrewards_test.jpg
Joey Bloggs said:
lrg_innrewards_test.jpg
I like it!

Bob, not being snarky, just to clarify - a line drawing is not a cartoon. I have seen some that were used to convey elegance.

lrg_innrewards_test.jpg
Im all for the writing - people need it spelling out to them what its all about - plus people who have never heard of the program may click on it to see what it is then.

Bob, not being snarky, just to clarify - a line drawing is not a cartoon. I have seen some that were used to convey elegance..
gillumhouse said:
Bob, not being snarky, just to clarify - a line drawing is not a cartoon. I have seen some that were used to convey elegance.
Oh I agree! Your not snarky at all. I think this is going to be that hardest thing to do with this whole project!

I found some of these on a site in my town. I know some of you use them already. I really don't see that they say click me. I know some of these do not match what they have on their web pages. You think something like this is the way to go?
Screen%20shot%202012-12-01%20at%2011.40.45%20AM.png

Screen%20shot%202012-12-01%20at%2011.40.28%20AM.png

I found some of these on a site in my town. I know some of you use them already. I really don't see that they say click me. I know some of these do not match what they have on their web pages. You think something like this is the way to go?

NO! Cannot make the font larger or I would. The previous is much better - especially with the text JB added.

NO! Cannot make the font larger or I would. The previous is much better - especially with the text JB added.
gillumhouse said:
I don't really like these either.

disclaimer: i'm not an innkeeper right now ... just a former one.
but once you in the beginners' circle have a general consensus on a logo design (and not everyone will love it) you could vary the color. you know ... like facebook has the little f in the rectangle ... instantly recognizable, but you can get it in all colors. i vary it on sites i manage.
just a suggestion

How about adding something like "click to open your gift..."

Here is another goofy try off of Emptynest's posted logo.
Innrewards_sample.jpg
I can make this any size or any text or colors you want. I was just mulling over some type of "cute" eye catching graphic.
EmptyNest said:
I can make this any size or any text or colors you want. I was just mulling over some type of "cute" eye catching graphic.
Like this! What about having this bright one and another (same graphic) in a lighter version and have both available for use.

Back