logo?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about adding something like "click to open your gift...".
No...I don't like having something like Click here...so old school :-(
EmptyNest said:
As opposed to what then? Bob said above, "I think it needs to be obvious to people to click on the image." If you want them to click it to take advantage of the offer, some people have to be told they need to click it!

Few more. I did not do a lot with the writing. I know we are all not going to like what ever we do. Just throwing some more ideas.
0TauW.png
OTIGI.png
wxkUq.png

Few more. I did not do a lot with the writing. I know we are all not going to like what ever we do. Just throwing some more ideas.
0TauW.png
OTIGI.png
wxkUq.png
Rule out the heart one...too valentiney. I was playing with free clip art...didn't want to take shutterstock stuff.

One thing to keep in mind is how scalable the logo design is -- can it be shrunk to a small icon (say 50 pixels square, for example) and still be recognizable?

Oh, the cognitive dissonance!
Joey Bloggs wrote:

If I had a choice it would be WORDING MOSTLY...
EmptyNest wrote:

I am with JB. I think all the wording is junking up the message.

Joey Bloggs wrote:

EmptyNest wrote:

I am with JB. I think all the wording is junking up the message..
HUH? Don't use such big words with me
wink_smile.gif

I start at one place and then get more ideas and keep moving on. So often what I start with is not what I end up liking the best. I am plugging away at different ideas because I have to fast until tomorrow. So have to do something other than eat and stay out of the kitchen.

Joey Bloggs wrote:

EmptyNest wrote:

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs wrote:

EmptyNest wrote:

I meant URL/NAME. yeah you got it. :) Just simple.
Here we are trying to get stuff done, we have the town Christmas Parade today, guests left, trying to eat and had another 4 footed visitor to the inn we captured. Well, I stood back and screamed, I didn't capture anything. I warned in advance, it doesn't matter what is hiding in the insulation, as it comes out I will scream. I can't control it, I have to. I actually even LIKE MICE, but I scream. See our blog for photos and more details on what it was...

OK. A couple of questions here: are we talking about an initial branding here, or are we talking about a campaign based on that brand?
The distinction is significant.
If the former, then you need to focus on something generic enough (and graphic enough) that it can be ported to a variety of campaigns for a variety of audiences using a variety of media. Here's the kicker: it needs to be immediately identifiable with your brand, but not so trendy that it can't be used in a variety of campaigns targeting a variety of audiences. And it *must be consistent* across all of your campaigns regardless of your target audience.

My idea: take your initial "InnRewards.Com" graphic (play with the type; serif isn't my favorite--it's too formal) in the first graphic on this thread, then stylize the gift box to a line drawing. My preference would be a thick-line box and stylized bow encompassing the InnRewards.com type. Bare bones. Flexible. You need something simple but recognizable that will be constant no matter what your subsequent campaigns are, or who they are targeting. Hint: the more you can stylize, the better.

All that color fru-fru stuff with the weird type is just a distraction for you right now. You got lost in the weeds planning a particular campaign instead of solidifying your brand first.
Some readers suggested really cool, nicely designed graphics--but every one of them was a campaign that assumed a particular audience. Not one of them was flexible enough to serve as an anchor for your brand.
Bottom line: you don't know who you are. You are quite literally putting the cart before the horse with all these graphic designs. You've got an incredible business idea, but somebody is going to take it away from you (if they haven't already) and put it in a sophisticated package and make a fortune from it. My advice: find a marketing company that understands brand development that is willing to hitch their wagon to your idea.
Good luck,
Tom

Bob, as an inngoer, I like the classy look of your first idea, but it has to be easy to be reproduced by innkeeping folks with various levels of website and blogging knowledge.
This is something new - it has to catch the eye of the traveling public.
I agree that inn-goers need to realize that this is a program that comes directly from the innkeepers/owners!!
Some of the reward logos already out there are pretty drab....but they have very high chain brand recognition.

OK. A couple of questions here: are we talking about an initial branding here, or are we talking about a campaign based on that brand?
If the former, then you need to focus on something generic enough (and graphic enough) that it can be ported to a variety of campaigns for a variety of audiences using a variety of media. Here's the kicker: it needs to be immediately identifiable with your brand, but not so trendy that it can't be used in a variety of campaigns targeting a variety of audiences. And it *must be consistent* across all of your campaigns regardless of your target audience.

My idea: take your initial "InnRewards.Com" graphic (play with the type; serif isn't my favorite--it's too formal) in the first graphic on this thread, then stylize the gift box to a line drawing. My preference would be a thick-line box and stylized bow encompassing the InnRewards.com type. Bare bones. Flexible. You need something simple but recognizable that will be constant no matter what your subsequent campaigns are, or who they are targeting. Hint: the more you can stylize, the better.

All that color fru-fru stuff with the weird type is just a distraction for you right now. You got lost in the weeds planning a particular campaign instead of solidifying your brand first.
Some readers suggested really cool, nicely designed graphics--but every one of them was a campaign that assumed a particular audience. Not one of them was flexible enough to serve as an anchor for your brand.
Bottom line: you don't know who you are. You are quite literally putting the cart before the horse with all these graphic designs. You've got an incredible business idea, but somebody is going to take it away from you (if they haven't already) and put it in a sophisticated package and make a fortune from it. My advice: find a marketing company that understands brand development that is willing to hitch their wagon to your idea.
Good luck,
Tom.
I was just throwing out ideas for consideration. I just did not think the first one was a "logo" that wold reproduce well for whatever. I am not really part of this since I am no longer an innkeeper. I just wanted to put out some stuff to get folks thinking. I am not trying to muddy the waters, just playing with stuff. Not a graphic designer and not a marketing guru. Thought it would provoke some ideas. I agree...too much wording in the beginning was wrong way to go. It has to just stand on its own.
Get a marketing company??? Right...not......and who will pay for this?

How about adding something like "click to open your gift...".
EmptyNest said:
As opposed to what then? Bob said above, "I think it needs to be obvious to people to click on the image." If you want them to click it to take advantage of the offer, some people have to be told they need to click it!
Deleted. Not needed

I found some of these on a site in my town. I know some of you use them already. I really don't see that they say click me. I know some of these do not match what they have on their web pages. You think something like this is the way to go?
Screen%20shot%202012-12-01%20at%2011.40.45%20AM.png

Screen%20shot%202012-12-01%20at%2011.40.28%20AM.png
NO! Cannot make the font larger or I would. The previous is much better - especially with the text JB added.
gillumhouse said:
NO! Cannot make the font larger or I would. The previous is much better - especially with the text JB added.
I don't really like these either.
Deleted

Joey Bloggs wrote:

EmptyNest wrote:

Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs wrote:

EmptyNest wrote:

I meant URL/NAME. yeah you got it. :) Just simple.
Here we are trying to get stuff done, we have the town Christmas Parade today, guests left, trying to eat and had another 4 footed visitor to the inn we captured. Well, I stood back and screamed, I didn't capture anything. I warned in advance, it doesn't matter what is hiding in the insulation, as it comes out I will scream. I can't control it, I have to. I actually even LIKE MICE, but I scream. See our blog for photos and more details on what it was...
The only one i did that I actually like now. So have removed the others.
200%20CUTE%20REWARD.png

Good luck,
Tom.
I was just throwing out ideas for consideration. I just did not think the first one was a "logo" that wold reproduce well for whatever. I am not really part of this since I am no longer an innkeeper. I just wanted to put out some stuff to get folks thinking. I am not trying to muddy the waters, just playing with stuff. Not a graphic designer and not a marketing guru. Thought it would provoke some ideas. I agree...too much wording in the beginning was wrong way to go. It has to just stand on its own.
Get a marketing company??? Right...not......and who will pay for this?
We appreciate all your suggestions. It really is great project we are working on. We should be up and going the first week in Jan with this new site. The company I have building it is projecting that. They are swamped with people making and updating their sites to try an get some business. I have been searching and trying to get examples for the builders of what we want the home page to look like as well. The actual directory and the functions are already set up and can be customized some what to ou needs. I paid thousands for this a few years ago on a idea that never took off. I feel this will work much better. Ultimately we want to have something to help all of us. We probably will not all agree on everything every time. But advice and a lot of it, will help a great deal. I want this site to look as great as it can and be user friendly. We can always upgrade as we go and make changes as needed. You all have made some great suggestions on logos and I thank you!

I really like that one too EmptyNest. It says it all, and is simple,and whimsical. Nice work! This is a reward for our great guests, so they are the fun ones, not the old stick in the mud. I like it.

Back