logo?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. A couple of questions here: are we talking about an initial branding here, or are we talking about a campaign based on that brand?
The distinction is significant.
If the former, then you need to focus on something generic enough (and graphic enough) that it can be ported to a variety of campaigns for a variety of audiences using a variety of media. Here's the kicker: it needs to be immediately identifiable with your brand, but not so trendy that it can't be used in a variety of campaigns targeting a variety of audiences. And it *must be consistent* across all of your campaigns regardless of your target audience.

My idea: take your initial "InnRewards.Com" graphic (play with the type; serif isn't my favorite--it's too formal) in the first graphic on this thread, then stylize the gift box to a line drawing. My preference would be a thick-line box and stylized bow encompassing the InnRewards.com type. Bare bones. Flexible. You need something simple but recognizable that will be constant no matter what your subsequent campaigns are, or who they are targeting. Hint: the more you can stylize, the better.

All that color fru-fru stuff with the weird type is just a distraction for you right now. You got lost in the weeds planning a particular campaign instead of solidifying your brand first.
Some readers suggested really cool, nicely designed graphics--but every one of them was a campaign that assumed a particular audience. Not one of them was flexible enough to serve as an anchor for your brand.
Bottom line: you don't know who you are. You are quite literally putting the cart before the horse with all these graphic designs. You've got an incredible business idea, but somebody is going to take it away from you (if they haven't already) and put it in a sophisticated package and make a fortune from it. My advice: find a marketing company that understands brand development that is willing to hitch their wagon to your idea.
Good luck,
Tom.
I was just throwing out ideas for consideration. I just did not think the first one was a "logo" that wold reproduce well for whatever. I am not really part of this since I am no longer an innkeeper. I just wanted to put out some stuff to get folks thinking. I am not trying to muddy the waters, just playing with stuff. Not a graphic designer and not a marketing guru. Thought it would provoke some ideas. I agree...too much wording in the beginning was wrong way to go. It has to just stand on its own.
Get a marketing company??? Right...not......and who will pay for this?
EmptyNest said:
I was just throwing out ideas for consideration. I just did not think the first one was a "logo" that wold reproduce well for whatever. I am not really part of this since I am no longer an innkeeper. I just wanted to put out some stuff to get folks thinking. I am not trying to muddy the waters, just playing with stuff. Not a graphic designer and not a marketing guru. Thought it would provoke some ideas. I agree...too much wording in the beginning was wrong way to go. It has to just stand on its own.
Get a marketing company??? Right...not......and who will pay for this?
You came out with some great ideas here.... keep em coming! Get us to think out of the box. And I do think we should stay away from canned graphics to develop something that is brand specific.

Oh, the cognitive dissonance!
Joey Bloggs wrote:

If I had a choice it would be WORDING MOSTLY...
EmptyNest wrote:

I am with JB. I think all the wording is junking up the message..
Arkansawyer said:
Oh, the cognitive dissonance!
Joey Bloggs wrote:

If I had a choice it would be WORDING MOSTLY...
EmptyNest wrote:

I am with JB. I think all the wording is junking up the message.
I meant URL/NAME. yeah you got it. :) Just simple.
Here we are trying to get stuff done, we have the town Christmas Parade today, guests left, trying to eat and had another 4 footed visitor to the inn we captured. Well, I stood back and screamed, I didn't capture anything. I warned in advance, it doesn't matter what is hiding in the insulation, as it comes out I will scream. I can't control it, I have to. I actually even LIKE MICE, but I scream. See our blog for photos and more details on what it was...
The only one i did that I actually like now. So have removed the others.
200%20CUTE%20REWARD.png

That has more whimsey and isn't drab. I like it!

OK. A couple of questions here: are we talking about an initial branding here, or are we talking about a campaign based on that brand?
If the former, then you need to focus on something generic enough (and graphic enough) that it can be ported to a variety of campaigns for a variety of audiences using a variety of media. Here's the kicker: it needs to be immediately identifiable with your brand, but not so trendy that it can't be used in a variety of campaigns targeting a variety of audiences. And it *must be consistent* across all of your campaigns regardless of your target audience.

My idea: take your initial "InnRewards.Com" graphic (play with the type; serif isn't my favorite--it's too formal) in the first graphic on this thread, then stylize the gift box to a line drawing. My preference would be a thick-line box and stylized bow encompassing the InnRewards.com type. Bare bones. Flexible. You need something simple but recognizable that will be constant no matter what your subsequent campaigns are, or who they are targeting. Hint: the more you can stylize, the better.

All that color fru-fru stuff with the weird type is just a distraction for you right now. You got lost in the weeds planning a particular campaign instead of solidifying your brand first.
Some readers suggested really cool, nicely designed graphics--but every one of them was a campaign that assumed a particular audience. Not one of them was flexible enough to serve as an anchor for your brand.
Bottom line: you don't know who you are. You are quite literally putting the cart before the horse with all these graphic designs. You've got an incredible business idea, but somebody is going to take it away from you (if they haven't already) and put it in a sophisticated package and make a fortune from it. My advice: find a marketing company that understands brand development that is willing to hitch their wagon to your idea.
Good luck,
Tom.
Thank you High Mountain Lodge. (Tom) I agree. We need to keep it simple. The site is being designed right now. I just need some advice. So we are not just starting with a logo and going from there. The logo does need to be something that can be placed on any website and not look out of place. Here are a few more ideas. Anyone like any of these? I really like Empty Nests design. But what High Mountain has said is probably true. We need to keep it simple and when people see it they go. "Hey they have InnRewards"! Tom, do you know of any marketing company? I really do not want this to be based on a drive for money. I want this to benefit all of us. We all need help getting people to come try us out. I love what I do. Being an innkeeper is truly a wonderful job. (Most of the time) But I also do not want someone to take the idea and run with it. They will junk up the idea and find away to charge all of us a ton of money to be listed and plaster advertisement for cell phone companies all over it. I'm really hoping all of us can work together and make this happen. I'm currently at the mercy of the the developers. I just need to make sure I have what they need, when they need it.
Screen%20shot%202012-12-04%20at%206.59.26%20PM.png

Good luck,
Tom.
Thank you High Mountain Lodge. (Tom) I agree. We need to keep it simple. The site is being designed right now. I just need some advice. So we are not just starting with a logo and going from there. The logo does need to be something that can be placed on any website and not look out of place. Here are a few more ideas. Anyone like any of these? I really like Empty Nests design. But what High Mountain has said is probably true. We need to keep it simple and when people see it they go. "Hey they have InnRewards"! Tom, do you know of any marketing company? I really do not want this to be based on a drive for money. I want this to benefit all of us. We all need help getting people to come try us out. I love what I do. Being an innkeeper is truly a wonderful job. (Most of the time) But I also do not want someone to take the idea and run with it. They will junk up the idea and find away to charge all of us a ton of money to be listed and plaster advertisement for cell phone companies all over it. I'm really hoping all of us can work together and make this happen. I'm currently at the mercy of the the developers. I just need to make sure I have what they need, when they need it.

the reason I like a fluid line drawing is that it will be able to be seen on any site - it will not blend into the background. It should be something that once implanted in the minds will need no words to identify it. Lines can be elegant and suggestive.

Good luck,
Tom.

I vote for the "house" with the ribbon!

I know we have tossed around having words or not... but I just looked at the name of the site again and for an instant thought
'Inn Rewards, that sounds like a site touting rewards Inns have gotten'
So maybe a brief mention of what it really is would be beneficial! Maybe under the link state something like - "Rewards for B&B goers" - a catchy phrase would be better....

The logo looks good but more explanation is needed. You need to work on concept and color combination.
Also have a look on Eonian i recently had a great experience with these guys

Back