Looker's and the camera

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
How do you feel about people taking photos of your B&B? Do you ever feel they are intruding? Or worse?

Couple came by today to view the place for a possible Elopement. I did not mind them taking photos of the wedding spot or gardens; after all they are trying to find the perfect place. But it was in the house that the camera remained aimed to shoot that gave me a bad vibe.

Seriously why would they need a photo of an antique chair or my China cabinet? I put a stop to it as I felt it was an invasion. I had NO information about these people, they were complete strangers - more so than our guests. And most of our guests ask if they can take pictures, but I am sure others take them when we are not around.

outside fine - inside id be wary of them setting you up for a burgalry

I think always following your instincts is a good idea. Sounds like they weren't just taking pictures of a room area, so that's rather odd. Good for you for putting a stop to it. They have enough info to make a decision, let them get on with their day!

I don't let non-guests into the house, usually. I find it all kind of creepy.

Back