Looking for Cotton Blankets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
I remember those good old woven cotton blankets, kind of like a heavy flannel sheet, which were so great during the summer. Right now I have light weight fleece, but they are not the same. I really dislike cotton thermal blankets, and would love to find a woven light weight blanket. Does anyone know a source? Thanks--

Question is which blankets are you referring to. The loose weave or the tight weave? I remember both.

Thanks, checked these out. What I was thinking was a very fine weave, almost like a heavy sheet. I think my mom used to call them sheet blankets. Like a very heavy flannel sheet. There are some old ones at the lodge, I would love to find some new ones.

Thanks, the overstock ones look more like what I was thinking, has anyone tried these? Their reviews mention no static too. Don't know how I missed these. I may have to order and check them out.

Thanks, the overstock ones look more like what I was thinking, has anyone tried these? Their reviews mention no static too. Don't know how I missed these. I may have to order and check them out..
I would avoid anything with the satin binding. It comes undone and any little bit of oil stains it. I ended up removing the binding from 11 blankets because I couldn't get it clean.
These are gorgeous. http://mainewoolens.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=25

Thanks, the overstock ones look more like what I was thinking, has anyone tried these? Their reviews mention no static too. Don't know how I missed these. I may have to order and check them out..
I would avoid anything with the satin binding. It comes undone and any little bit of oil stains it. I ended up removing the binding from 11 blankets because I couldn't get it clean.
These are gorgeous. http://mainewoolens.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=25
I remember someone mentioning about the bindings, and have been avoiding them--I bought a bunch of light weight fleece, but I would prefer cotton. The ones in your like look nice, but the weave is not as tight. Do you know if these snag easily?
In a former life I sold washable wool blankets, and had some lovely light weight ones, but people couldn't get past the idea of wool. Oddly, there are some old washable wool ones at the lodge too, wonderfully soft--we are using them in our cabin.

I remember someone mentioning about the bindings, and have been avoiding them--I bought a bunch of light weight fleece, but I would prefer cotton. The ones in your like look nice, but the weave is not as tight. Do you know if these snag easily?
In a former life I sold washable wool blankets, and had some lovely light weight ones, but people couldn't get past the idea of wool. Oddly, there are some old washable wool ones at the lodge too, wonderfully soft--we are using them in our cabin.
The ones I have don't snag (or at least they haven't). Unfortunately for me, they were in the laundry basket and I spilled bleach on them so I no longer use them in the inn. I was thinking of getting more as they are very comfy.

white pine said:
Thanks, the overstock ones look more like what I was thinking, has anyone tried these? Their reviews mention no static too. Don't know how I missed these. I may have to order and check them out.
I had ones like these thin cotton ones on OS with no binding, just stitching. They were perfect for our use and little static. Laundered very well (and they were washed quite frequently) & dried quickly.

Back