Looking for Innkeeper Couple NH

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looks good at first glance- Second look turned up lots of "jack of all trades" descriptions that would really need to be sorted out in advance. Might be a great fit for someone.

Dunno, sounds like everything I used to do as an Innkeeper ?.
That's my point (I think). We own and operate and we have help. Duties and responsibilites are limited and clear for our help. We do everything else with no boundries. As an employee, there would have to be boundries. How else could you measure your performance? You could be working your b--t off and the CEO shows up and finds the one thing you have been meaning to fix but didn't have time.
As I said, it could be a good fit for someone, but my experience tells me that the boundaries would have to be clearer in advance- so you were set up for success.

As an Innkeeper for yourself or for someone else, you are 100% responsible. That's what being a boss is about. If CEO shows up and something is not right, then it IS your responsibility, whether you or your employee messed up. If you decide to discipline the employee that is your decision. As "managers/bosses/owners" we are accountable and responsible for our actions and for those reporting to us.
If I was working for someone and had not had "time" to fix something that was THAT important that it would have been an issue, I would have notified the owner/CEO and just let them know it was on my "to do" list or that you needed some help in getting it resolved.
As an owner I would appreciate that my Innkeeper is keeping me updated

Back