Looking for input on wording for "booking a reservation"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forfeng

Reaction score
Hi All, one of my inns reminded me about this forum as a good place to ask this question. I just wrote a blog post that I would love some feedback on about "booking a reservation" wording. I was hoping someone somewhere had done a study on this but apparently not. So feedback about this would be appreciated.
http://chefforfeng.wordpress.com/2010/04/12/what%E2%80%99s-in-a-name-make-a-reservation-book-a-room/ If you post comments that would be appreciated, if you respond here could you please let me know if it would be ok to quote you on the blog?
Much appreciated.
Forfeng :)

Who is the blog article for? Guests?
(PS Spelling error in thread title)

Who is the blog article for? Guests?
(PS Spelling error in thread title).
Thanks for the catch.
Blog article is just to gather information and try to hit the sweet spot or rather the sweet catch phrase for innkeepers in general.
If having a particular phrase listed on a lodging site worded a certain way means more conversion to bookings I think it would be nice to know what it was.

In general, "booking a room" is internal speak ... we use the term that way all the time here on the forum. But many of our guests rarely think of it that way. They are more accustomed to "making a reservation" (could be regional, but I don't think so)

I've tried 4 different calls on my website: "Book Now!," "Availability," "View Calendar and Book This Room" and 'Check Availability."
I have tracked the hits on each one and there is no clear cut call that is better than another. So, what I would say is that the links should be easy to find whenever the guest might be ready to hit that button. Clear cut instructions as to what the link does is also important.
After reading Swirt's response I may change one of them to 'Make a reservation.'

I've tried 4 different calls on my website: "Book Now!," "Availability," "View Calendar and Book This Room" and 'Check Availability."
I have tracked the hits on each one and there is no clear cut call that is better than another. So, what I would say is that the links should be easy to find whenever the guest might be ready to hit that button. Clear cut instructions as to what the link does is also important.
After reading Swirt's response I may change one of them to 'Make a reservation.'.
Thanks to you both, its interesting getting feedback from different inns about this, can I quote both of you on the blog? Would be happy to give you links to your sites/businesses

After reading Swirt's response I may change one of them to 'Make a reservation.'.
Thanks to you both, its interesting getting feedback from different inns about this, can I quote both of you on the blog? Would be happy to give you links to your sites/businesses
OK to quote me, I think you know who I am...

Sure you can quote me.

OK to quote me, I think you know who I am...
Thanks guys and gals

Back