Looking for solid wood game boards

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Any ideas where to find them? I found a couple at World Market but not quite what I had in mind.

Madeleine said:
Any ideas where to find them? I found a couple at World Market but not quite what I had in mind.
West Virginia Heritage Craft store near me has them. What kind are you looking for? Chess/checkers or the jumpng games with marbles or golf tees, etc.

Madeleine said:
West Virginia Heritage Craft store near me has them. What kind are you looking for? Chess/checkers or the jumpng games with marbles or golf tees, etc..
Anything with a flat surface. Chinese checkers would also be ok. Colorful in muted tones.

Madeleine said:
West Virginia Heritage Craft store near me has them. What kind are you looking for? Chess/checkers or the jumpng games with marbles or golf tees, etc..
Anything with a flat surface. Chinese checkers would also be ok. Colorful in muted tones.
When do you need them?

Madeleine said:
When do you need them?
gillumhouse said:
When do you need them?
I'm going to use them as table tops so I need to find a few beat up tables first and get dimensions.

Madeleine said:
When do you need them?
gillumhouse said:
When do you need them?
I'm going to use them as table tops so I need to find a few beat up tables first and get dimensions.
Do they still have the prison store at Thomaston? They had some wonderful wood things there made by the prisoners. I bet you could get what you wanted made there to your spocs.

Madeleine said:
When do you need them?
gillumhouse said:
When do you need them?
Do they still have the prison store at Thomaston? They had some wonderful wood things there made by the prisoners. I bet you could get what you wanted made there to your spocs.
gillumhouse said:
Speaking of Shawshank Redemption... yes, the store is there. I need to take a drive that way anyhow so I'll stop in and see what's in the store. Besides the life size Harley with rider & mermaid that is.

Madeleine said:
When do you need them?
gillumhouse said:
When do you need them?
gillumhouse said:
Speaking of Shawshank Redemption... yes, the store is there. I need to take a drive that way anyhow so I'll stop in and see what's in the store. Besides the life size Harley with rider & mermaid that is.
That was supposed to be specs - need to learn to type

Madeleine said:
When do you need them?
gillumhouse said:
When do you need them?
gillumhouse said:
i was going to suggest them, too. you might be able to place an order if you go in ... i don't know. but i've bought some lovely things there.

If you should decide to go in a different direction with your table tops let me know. I know a struggling woodworker who specializes in making unusual furniture/objects using reclaimed wood, or he cuts his own and does some pretty fantastic things with them. He also makes tables....but those might put you over budget.

I absolutely love where you're going with this. My equivalent was born out of desperation. When a guest broke a side table I took a small wooden wine rack found at a garage sale decades ago and put a game board on top to make a table. I wouldn't change anything. Chess, checkers, back-gammon, cocktail stand, leather and wood so cleans like a dream, storage for all the game pieces integrated into my "table top" ...... the best side table I never bought.

Madeleine said:
You spelled colourful wrong :)

Back