Looking for suggestions for an idea - cranberry pancakes?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
I just thought it would be festive to serve cranberry pancakes on Thanksgiving. I am wondering it I could simply add some cranberry sauce to my pancake batter. Has anyone tried anything like this?
Maybe a little orange zest?

Other way around, add the orange zest to your pancakes and make a cranberry syrup....
1 to 2 cups cranberries
2 cups of water
1 cup sugar,
Tbsp of corn starch
Juice of the orange you zested or 2 Tbsp or lemon juice.
Mix when cold (corn starch can't be added while hot). Heat until boiling, lower temperature and allow to thicken (about 7 to 10 minutes). Serve with pancakes or French toast. Want to change it up, add a little cinnamon and ginger.

Other way around, add the orange zest to your pancakes and make a cranberry syrup....
1 to 2 cups cranberries
2 cups of water
1 cup sugar,
Tbsp of corn starch
Mix when cold (corn starch can't be added while hot). Heat until boiling, lower temperature and allow to thicken (about 7 to 10 minutes). Serve with pancakes or French toast. Want to change it up, add a little cinnamon and ginger..
awesome! And yes on cinnamon. I add cinnamon to almost anything!

1 to 2 cups cranberries
2 cups of water
1 cup sugar,
Tbsp of corn starch
Mix when cold (corn starch can't be added while hot). Heat until boiling, lower temperature and allow to thicken (about 7 to 10 minutes). Serve with pancakes or French toast. Want to change it up, add a little cinnamon and ginger..
awesome! And yes on cinnamon. I add cinnamon to almost anything!
I have made waffles with cranberry and maple syrup for topping.
Made a pan of french toast using croissant make the night before.In morn pop in oven . With that recipe I used 6 eggs, 1/2 & 1/2.... 1 1/2 cups, Milk 1 1/2 cups, . add in,1/2 to 1 tsp cin ,.3 tbsp orange zest, 3 tbsp OJ. pour over croissants. Top with cranberry sauce . on the top. Bake about 50 mins at 350. sever with maple syrup or orange sauce or syrup.
Also pancakes made with left over cranberry sauce. With that I served orange syrup . I just love anything with cranberries.
I found most interesting recipes there on Pinterest.

I would use craisins and then make a special syrup of maple and cranberry
Nice idea!

Nice idea!.
seashanty said:
Nice idea!
That give me another idea. Corn bread waffles with cranberry, maple syrup. whataya think?
try going to
https://wearychef.com/cranberry-pancakes-leftover-cranberrysauce.
don't know how to make this a live link.
Have a wonderful holiday

Nice idea!.
seashanty said:
Nice idea!
That give me another idea. Corn bread waffles with cranberry, maple syrup. whataya think?
try going to
Have a wonderful holiday
I hope all is well in your world, that everyone is better. May your Holidays be healthier and happy.

IHOP and Original Pancake House are serving cranberry pancakes and crepes. Maybe peek at their websites and see how they're handling it. I'd think orange would go nicely with them. Maybe a little pecan crunch (on the side) for those who want to eliminate or cannot tolerate nuts.

Nice idea!.
seashanty said:
Nice idea!
try going to
Have a wonderful holiday
I hope all is well in your world, that everyone is better. May your Holidays be healthier and happy.
It has been a very very hard month. Thought this month would be a bit easier. But Sorry to say nope ! Have to have a PET scan then a CT scan see a blood Dr. next week.Last day treatment for Chemo is 30 Nov. Then it is a wait and see what all the test say.
Iam still very positive thinker and even being bald as a babies bottom. I must say being bald it a lot of fun. Sure is an easy way starting the day out. Lost of Eye brows and lashes is a bit of a challenged but mastering news ones Is fun ..
I think this year is a year full of medical . Hubby has had a a few T.A.s and his A fib has been acting up. Oh it is so much fun being Old. For sure never a dull moment.
Next year, { Feb.} we are looking forward to our birth of a Grandchild. Concerns are daughter is 46 first child and like most parents we all worry . I pray all will be just fine!
I hope your family will be with you during the holidays . Who is doing all the cooking?
I think of you often and I see you had a wonderful trip abroad. I loved visiting there too. Through your eyes we remember our trip there also.
Take care now
Flower( Liz)

Nice idea!.
seashanty said:
Nice idea!
try going to
Have a wonderful holiday
It has been a very very hard month. Thought this month would be a bit easier. But Sorry to say nope ! Have to have a PET scan then a CT scan see a blood Dr. next week.Last day treatment for Chemo is 30 Nov. Then it is a wait and see what all the test say.
Iam still very positive thinker and even being bald as a babies bottom. I must say being bald it a lot of fun. Sure is an easy way starting the day out. Lost of Eye brows and lashes is a bit of a challenged but mastering news ones Is fun ..
I think this year is a year full of medical . Hubby has had a a few T.A.s and his A fib has been acting up. Oh it is so much fun being Old. For sure never a dull moment.
Next year, { Feb.} we are looking forward to our birth of a Grandchild. Concerns are daughter is 46 first child and like most parents we all worry . I pray all will be just fine!
I hope your family will be with you during the holidays . Who is doing all the cooking?
I think of you often and I see you had a wonderful trip abroad. I loved visiting there too. Through your eyes we remember our trip there also.
Take care now
Flower( Liz)
Daughter in Iowa is cooking. As soon as the timekeeper for the Turkey Trot clears the door, I am on the road. Thought I had everything but me in the car last night and then realized I did not have anything for middle son's lady. Wrapped an ornament I got at chatsworth with the book about Chatsworth and I am good to go. Have it at the door so will not forget.
Sorry you are going through all these challenges, but you are a special person and will prevail. Prayers for Hubs and for you.

Flower, sounds like a very tough time, but almost over? I hope so , and I know the wait for the final tests is sometimes the hardest part of all. All good thoughts to you for the best possible news!

I ended up making corn bread waffles with cranberry syrup. They were absolutely delicious and very festive! But not one guest (out of 8) tried one!
We, in the family, loved them! More for us, I guess!

Flower, sounds like a very tough time, but almost over? I hope so , and I know the wait for the final tests is sometimes the hardest part of all. All good thoughts to you for the best possible news!.
I just got out of the hospital a whole week stay!!! They poked jab me to death. I had a fever of 38 c . they went nuts . Only to find out they could not find and infection. But DR. has stop my treatment again. Now I am up the river with no paddle. I had 2 more treatments left. Now I am not sure if or what this means?
Frightful time. I can only hope..... but fear is the closest thing right now. Hopefully things will get better. But right now I feel we are treading water.

Flower, sounds like a very tough time, but almost over? I hope so , and I know the wait for the final tests is sometimes the hardest part of all. All good thoughts to you for the best possible news!.
I just got out of the hospital a whole week stay!!! They poked jab me to death. I had a fever of 38 c . they went nuts . Only to find out they could not find and infection. But DR. has stop my treatment again. Now I am up the river with no paddle. I had 2 more treatments left. Now I am not sure if or what this means?
Frightful time. I can only hope..... but fear is the closest thing right now. Hopefully things will get better. But right now I feel we are treading water.
Hoping for the best for you.

Flower said:
Flower, I am a believer. The "mother superior" of the SOSK is always fretting about her family asking for prayers (which I give freely) but i tell her each time - KEEP THE FAITH. GOD knows what HE is doing whether we do or not. Trust that all will be well. There is nothing to fear. Enjoy each day to the fullest, that trulu is all that you can do. Do not waste time in fear and worry about something YOU cannot control. Live and love!

Back