Looking for volunteers who are NOT members of PAII

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkarennj

Reaction score
Soon the PAII leadership will be deliberating a completely new approach to membership in the association.
I'm looking for about 10 active innkeepers who are NOT currently members of PAII to participate in a 30-minute webinar on Thursday, June 4 at 2 pm EST. You could have been a member in the past or never a member.
We will look at potentially new membership models, including one that is free. I'm interested in growing this association by leaps and bounds, and I want some candid feedback.
If you would like to participate, please email me offline at [email protected].
Thanks all!
Jay

We're not currently members, I'm willing to volunteer and will probably become members due to being very impressed with everything I've seen coming form the organization.
Spun our wheels with our statewide B&B association our first few years and dropped our memebrship in it, so am looking to "belong" to a group that supports the industry as a whole and promotes high ethics.

Wondering if anyone participated and how it went? I wanted to be a part of it but couldn't make the day/time.

yes, i did. i didn't have any questions to ask, i just kind of listened & took it all in. definately interesting, the things they are working on, to enable the PAII membership to be able to benefit as many innkeepers as possible. for as long as i have ever known of who Jay is, he seems very genuine in his interests & attempts to improve the innkeeper's world. i am consdiering taking part in the one that is coming uyp on 6/16. it pertains to the relations between TA & PAII. maybe you could do that one?

definitely interesting, the things they are working on, to enable the PAII membership to be able to benefit as many innkeepers as possible
Could you expand on this? I was interested but could not as I was out of town. Maybe interested in the one on the 16th if it includes non-member participation. Will need to look into this..or maybe Jay can answer!

definitely interesting, the things they are working on, to enable the PAII membership to be able to benefit as many innkeepers as possible
Could you expand on this? I was interested but could not as I was out of town. Maybe interested in the one on the 16th if it includes non-member participation. Will need to look into this..or maybe Jay can answer!.
Jay is THE reason I joined PAII. Stay tuned for more benefits to the entire B&B community. Jay is my hero. Jay is awesome! Our superman. Gee, Jay. Is that enough pressure?

I did participate and provided some thoughts about what they are planning. I would say I provided the outlier feedback that was less enthusiastic about the plan. The competition for dollars is strong and, five or fifty, it doesn't leave most innkeepers hand unless they can see a return.

Thanks for the update. I might be able to do the 16th if it is open to non-members. I don't know that much about the organization, I"d be interested to hear more.

Could you expand on this? I was interested but could not as I was out of town. Maybe interested in the one on the 16th if it includes non-member participation. Will need to look into this..or maybe Jay can answer!.
Jay is THE reason I joined PAII. Stay tuned for more benefits to the entire B&B community. Jay is my hero. Jay is awesome! Our superman. Gee, Jay. Is that enough pressure?
adobenido said:
LOL! Yes, Jay is awesome. Makes me actually consider joining PAII!
I participated in the webinar. It was very interesting. Basically he presented a little history of PAII, the current membership costs and benefits, and his proposed changes. He asked us two survey questions about how we would respond if the changes were made, and I think he was pleasantly surprised with the positive [albeit unscientific] results.
The membership changes would make PAII benefits significantly more accessible, both to members and non-members and make a lot of sense to me.
The other thing he mentioned that they have in the works would benefit the entire industry as a whole, regardless of membership in PAII. I consider that project to be extremely overdue and necessary and I'm sufficiently impressed with it to also consider joining PAII.
They definitely are taking on the role (as well they should!) of representing the entire B&B industry. As such they need a large, healthy membership... not just to financially float the organization and allow them to do the kind of project they have in mind, but also because size equals clout. Jay's willingness to approach TA, whether successful or not, earns him my respect. But he will have a lot more sway with TA if he truly represents the B&B industry, which requires a significant increase in membership. The proposed changes are designed to make it practical and desirable for every B&B to be a member.
=)
Kk.

adobenido said:
LOL! Yes, Jay is awesome. Makes me actually consider joining PAII!
I participated in the webinar. It was very interesting. Basically he presented a little history of PAII, the current membership costs and benefits, and his proposed changes. He asked us two survey questions about how we would respond if the changes were made, and I think he was pleasantly surprised with the positive [albeit unscientific] results.
The membership changes would make PAII benefits significantly more accessible, both to members and non-members and make a lot of sense to me.
The other thing he mentioned that they have in the works would benefit the entire industry as a whole, regardless of membership in PAII. I consider that project to be extremely overdue and necessary and I'm sufficiently impressed with it to also consider joining PAII.
They definitely are taking on the role (as well they should!) of representing the entire B&B industry. As such they need a large, healthy membership... not just to financially float the organization and allow them to do the kind of project they have in mind, but also because size equals clout. Jay's willingness to approach TA, whether successful or not, earns him my respect. But he will have a lot more sway with TA if he truly represents the B&B industry, which requires a significant increase in membership. The proposed changes are designed to make it practical and desirable for every B&B to be a member.
=)
Kk.
I might add that I concur with all of that and we are also significantly impressed and we are definitely going to consider joining PAII. If the goal had been anything other than the complete no-brainer knock out punch that would drive membership from 2000 to 8000 and keep them, I would have said almost exactly what you have said. Just the same, I am going to (at least for little while) stick to my notion that this was not a no-brainer knock-out punch. However, I will say that if could just be a matter of marketing and semantics.

Hi everyone.
The webinar next week on TripAdvisor's new owner's system and features is available to non-members. Just call the PAII office at 800-458-7244. Our online registration system doesn't allow online registration for non-members...that's all changing in a few weeks. We already have about 125 innkeepers registered, and I'll bet we top 200 or 250 by next week.
I'm at the PAII Board of Directors meeting the next two days. We're going to have some very meaningful conversations about the future of PAII, which will include a new, more accessible membership model. I'm very excited about it. In order to do all that innkeepers would like for PAII to do, we need to have four or five times the membership numbers we do. To do that, as I mentioned to the participants, membership in PAII needs to be a "no brainer." We hope to accomplish that for innkeepers of all ranges of means.
Stay tuned. And thanks again to those who participated in my webinar last week. Your feedback truly is being considered by our leadership.
Best regards,
Jay
Sarah - I'm a big fan of you too! :)

PAII has also partnered with several B&B directories to offer discounts to new members. I don't know why it wasn't mentioned on here before. So now there are some perks with the membership

PAII has also partnered with several B&B directories to offer discounts to new members. I don't know why it wasn't mentioned on here before. So now there are some perks with the membership.
I was part of the webinar, too. Hold on to your hats, folks. The "perks" are about to get even perk-ier!

Hi everyone.
The webinar next week on TripAdvisor's new owner's system and features is available to non-members. Just call the PAII office at 800-458-7244. Our online registration system doesn't allow online registration for non-members...that's all changing in a few weeks. We already have about 125 innkeepers registered, and I'll bet we top 200 or 250 by next week.
I'm at the PAII Board of Directors meeting the next two days. We're going to have some very meaningful conversations about the future of PAII, which will include a new, more accessible membership model. I'm very excited about it. In order to do all that innkeepers would like for PAII to do, we need to have four or five times the membership numbers we do. To do that, as I mentioned to the participants, membership in PAII needs to be a "no brainer." We hope to accomplish that for innkeepers of all ranges of means.
Stay tuned. And thanks again to those who participated in my webinar last week. Your feedback truly is being considered by our leadership.
Best regards,
Jay
Sarah - I'm a big fan of you too! :).
Great Jay... very excited to hear of the things you are planning... I will stay tuned on this and any other network for details.

Hi everyone.
Best regards,
Jay
Sarah - I'm a big fan of you too! :).
Thanks for asking us to participate, Jay. It was very interesting for me as a former member who has watched the change in the organization over the years. I think the new proposed membership model you discussed (with a few tweaks that came out of the webinar) is a great way to go.
Can't wait to hear the final outcome. Keep us posted!

Back