Looking to swap Inn/Hotel

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjenner929

Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to find someone to swap my Mother's hotel for a few months to a year. I don't know exactly where to go or who to ask. She is originally from England but now runs a 9 bedroom hotel in the Montana mountains. Her website is www.broadwaymontana.com. Can anyone offer me some advice? I would really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Katie

not sure if this would work, but you could try homelink
or the inn exchange
i have no PERSONAL knowledge of how it works out, but have heard of both groups.
good luck.

Welcome Katie,
You might want to include what area your mom would like to swap with (if there is a specific area).
Is this swap just for a change of pace and scenery?

Welcome Katie,
You might want to include what area your mom would like to swap with (if there is a specific area).
Is this swap just for a change of pace and scenery?.
I would have to say my mom would like somewhere in Europe, but I suppose she could be open for anything. I am trying to gather information before I talk with her about it. My sister and I think she needs to get away for awhile.

Well, on a much shorter term, there's http://www.nightfornight.com/. That's a program where innkeepers travel at stay at other B&B's. You get credit when you host, and you spend your credits when you travel.
I'm signed up but no one's come here yet. I hope they do because there's a B&B practically next door to my best friend's house that I want to stay at next spring.
=)
Kk.

So, are you really looking for an innsitter vs another location for your mom to WORK? If your mom needs a break, then she probably needs time off, not just different scenery!

Welcome Katie,
Is this swap just for a change of pace and scenery?.
I would have to say my mom would like somewhere in Europe, but I suppose she could be open for anything. I am trying to gather information before I talk with her about it. My sister and I think she needs to get away for awhile.
Get away...but work???? that doesn't sound like what she needs. Maybe you just need to hire an innsitter and have her take a nice long vacation:)
It would be very difficult for a foreign innkeeper to swap as there are all sorts of logistics and work permits/visas...etc to be worked out.

Back