Looking up

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, we’ve gone from 1 reservation being made every two weeks or so to getting 2 reservations every day. Things are looking up for the season.

Great to hear! Yes, getting more normal all the time. Still had a cancellation a few days ago from a woman who had just found out that Arkansas no longer has a mask mandate.

Here too. Feeling almost ‘normal.’

In fact, I bought 60 souvenir masks and now I’m wondering if we will sell any.

Here too. Feeling almost ‘normal.’

I made a bunch but everyone has their own. At least I have a different one for every day of the week.

Of course, we’re supposed to get snow this week so lucky the reservations are all for later on.

I actually have a 4-night starting tomorrow - unusual in 2-ways, it was made a couple weeks ago and it is 4 nights. For here 1 or 2 nights is the norm. Now to do 4 breakfasts and crossing finger that the coffee I ordered Saturday gets here - naturally, one of the coffees he requests that I thought I had plenty of is out of stock in-house. Worst case, he will get that country - but it will be decaf.

ADDED: Brazil coffee arrived today! YEA!! will roast it for Saturday morning. I scored some goose eggs over the weekend and will served them tomorrow with her ham and his pork chops (had to reword my Confirmation letter to one meat per morning as guests ere reading per breakfast that EACH could choose a meat - UGH! there go the profits). Burman is great - ordered the coffee Saturday and it arrived today without paying extra postage.

Last edited:
We completely emptied the kitchen back in December. It’s been a laugh riot every morning as we realize we don’t know where we put the maple syrup or the big fry pan or my apron! I found one unopened jar of jam. We have no backup anything. There are 9 eggs and six sausages in the fridge right now.

Wow... how different a border makes things. No one is booking here. No one is planning vacations. Especially to the city.

That’s great

beach house, I just sent you an email. I’d like to buy a light blue one and a red one ... masks, that is.

🙂

Wow... how different a border makes things. No one is booking here. No one is planning vacations. Especially to the city.
I hear you. The Atlantic Bubble is still up in the air. They delayed it two weeks but I have my doubts it will open May 1st. I won't get anything from the mainland due to rising cases and mega variant infections. I can only hope Newfoundlanders will travel again in province but even that isn't enough. The only upside is that we're scheduled for vaccinations tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I see my daughter by the end of the year. She's in Ontario and right now, that is but a dream.

In January our county still had 175 known active COVID cases. Currently we have 10. The drop-off is amazing. Half the people over 60 in our state are now fully vaccinated, and the old codgers are really getting out and traveling!

We're in Annapolis MD and we are tracking ahead of 2019 at this point. People have their vax and have $ to spend,,, We don't watch national news outlets, you would think we are still at the peak infection rate, the reality is the US is doing better than just about any country for developing and distributing vaccines and the number with two shots is growing rapidly. Next up is inflation from an overheating economy and real estate/ stockmarket...

We’re up 84% since April of 2019 here on the Eastern Shore. We’re seeing caution but also huge pent up wanderlust. A local, drivable trip to “break the travel fast” and get over the jitters to a homey B&B seems just the ticket!

I hear you. The Atlantic Bubble is still up in the air. They delayed it two weeks but I have my doubts it will open May 1st. I won't get anything from the mainland due to rising cases and mega variant infections. I can only hope Newfoundlanders will travel again in province but even that isn't enough. The only upside is that we're scheduled for vaccinations tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I see my daughter by the end of the year. She's in Ontario and right now, that is but a dream.
It's so quiet, I have one reservation on the books. We also still have 2 rooms closed, because we are only doing private bath at the moment. And I think I hear a mouse squeaking, it's so quiet.
At least I'm getting paid $500 a week while it's quiet.

It's so quiet, I have one reservation on the books. We also still have 2 rooms closed, because we are only doing private bath at the moment. And I think I hear a mouse squeaking, it's so quiet.
At least I'm getting paid $500 a week while it's quiet.
Goes down to $300 when that's up but at least it's getting extended. Hopefully by then we can take up the slack with the locals but I don't know what we're going to use come the winter months...

Goes down to $300 when that's up but at least it's getting extended. Hopefully by then we can take up the slack with the locals but I don't know what we're going to use come the winter months...
Mid July. What will be, will be.

We are getting back slowly -- still about 1/3 of normal. Our county went to low risk/restrictions and is inching back up, so next week going to extreme (no indoor dining) due to in-person school, private social gatherings, and workplace. Half of us are vaccinated, whey can't we go to a restaurant? Well, they can travel. I'd say 80% of my guests are vaccinated. But a lot of uncertainty keeping long range bookings down.

We are getting back slowly -- still about 1/3 of normal. Our county went to low risk/restrictions and is inching back up, so next week going to extreme (no indoor dining) due to in-person school, private social gatherings, and workplace. Half of us are vaccinated, whey can't we go to a restaurant? Well, they can travel. I'd say 80% of my guests are vaccinated. But a lot of uncertainty keeping long range bookings down.
For guests who call to make a reservation this is usually how the call goes:
Hi! Do you have a room for x date? We’re vaccinated!

Guests have pulled out vaccination cards when I open the door. I’m not asking for this, they’re just doing it. Oddly, no one has asked if we’re vaccinated.

i have to say that most guests thus far have been almost giddy about going away on even a weekend getaway.

Guest tonight, a lady ranch owner, is first one who said wasn't and wasn't going to get vaccinated, and btw, doesn't wear a mask. I'll greet her with my beekeeper outfit over my welding helmet. Or just rely on Pfizer.

Back