Looky Loos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inncogneeto

Reaction score
The next person who calls insisting they see the room before booking because "they want to see if it's a place I want to stay in or not", while I'm in the middle of dinner with my family, is going to get this response:
"Well that's good, because I want to see you before I decide whether I want you staying in my house or not!"
angry_smile.gif

:) Turning the phone off during dinner would be nice too.
Are you really going to stay that to them next time?

Yeah, it's just that this one called twice prior, I was thinking they were finally ready to book or I wouldn't have answered.

That one gripes me too. People will plunk down their money and check into a motel or hotel and think nothing of it but want to see the room at the B & B before they check in. Of course, most people, having looked at our rooms online, have already done that - without offending us.

Good one! I like that.
I had a call last night just as I sat down to eat. I said, "good evening," she said, "good afternoon," and then, "Oh, is it your dinnertime? I'm sorry, I'll call back."
Hubs was doing a check in anyway so I told her it was ok, the dinner was still on the stove. 20 minutes later I know her life story and my dinner is a lumpy mess.

I feel I have been separate at birth when I read some of your posts.
cheers.gif

I am so anti- "Is it nice? Are you sure?" comments. I have not had them for a while but when they call, GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I had a whole entourage of women from the town come through here one day. The grand of the group was paying so she would not book a thing until she saw them herself. In the end it was one room. What a bloody waste of my time. They - I might add, OPENED EVERY CLOSET adn DRAWER. I WILL NOT, BE PUT UNDER THAT EVER AGAIN.
I felt I had to as they do not have internet access to just point them to the pics on the website. I was corralled into it.

I have had a woman call that wants to rent the whole house when son gets married (for guests to stay overnight). Also wants to have casual rehersal dinner. She has called 5-6 times. She came last weekend and first off said something that offended me. She also said several other things that offended me. So she has not booked and I may tell her that I won't take her. We will see. Between the whole house booking and the rehersal dinner, that would pay a whole months expenses. But I can see a pita maybe.

I had a whole entourage of women from the town come through here one day. The grand of the group was paying so she would not book a thing until she saw them herself. In the end it was one room. What a bloody waste of my time. They - I might add, OPENED EVERY CLOSET adn DRAWER. I WILL NOT, BE PUT UNDER THAT EVER AGAIN.
I felt I had to as they do not have internet access to just point them to the pics on the website. I was corralled into it..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I felt I had to as they do not have internet access to just point them to the pics on the website. I was corralled into it.
They weren't looking to book, they were doing an inspection of your housekeeping. You know this which makes it worse.

cheers.gif

I am so anti- "Is it nice? Are you sure?" comments. I have not had them for a while but when they call, GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
cheers.gif

I am so anti- "Is it nice? Are you sure?" comments. I have not had them for a while but when they call, GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
How about this response, 'What are we using for a comparison for 'nice'? Are we using the Motel 6 or the Ritz Carlton?' or, 'Let me ask you a few questions about your own house...when was the last time you washed the blankets on your bed? Reeeeally? I washed these yesterday. When was the last time you dusted behind your bed? Reeeeally? I dusted behind all 11 beds this morning. Last time you scrubbed the shower drain? Washed the windows? Well, you get the picture.'
I think they're looking for how CLEAN is it, not how 'NICE.'
Actually, what we do is laugh conspiratorially and say, 'I own the place, what do you think I'm going to say?'

I have had a woman call that wants to rent the whole house when son gets married (for guests to stay overnight). Also wants to have casual rehersal dinner. She has called 5-6 times. She came last weekend and first off said something that offended me. She also said several other things that offended me. So she has not booked and I may tell her that I won't take her. We will see. Between the whole house booking and the rehersal dinner, that would pay a whole months expenses. But I can see a pita maybe..
If she's already offended several times, you'll get what you asked for if you let her book, they only get worse!

I have had a woman call that wants to rent the whole house when son gets married (for guests to stay overnight). Also wants to have casual rehersal dinner. She has called 5-6 times. She came last weekend and first off said something that offended me. She also said several other things that offended me. So she has not booked and I may tell her that I won't take her. We will see. Between the whole house booking and the rehersal dinner, that would pay a whole months expenses. But I can see a pita maybe..
Do you REALLY want to do that??? Sounds like bad news to me.

Back