Losing guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
In spite of all the grousing I do about guests, we have a lot of guests we really love to see. Even some of the 'troublemakers' have been some of our best guests. It's really hard when we get an email or phone call from their spouse or child or traveling companion telling us one of our long time guests has died. We cater to an older crowd so it happens more often than we would like. And today was no exception.
I know we talk about having a website devoted to guests no one would ever want, but there should also be a site where innkeepers can express their sorrow over losing one of the good ones.

I am sorry to hear of your loss - it really IS your loss also when you lose a long-time guest that you were close to. They become extended family.

I can describe clearly the people that left us a nasty ta review 2 years ago, I can barely remember the people that checked out yesterday morning. It's sad that it's often that way round, I know.
Sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear this. It's nice the family let you know, but it's sad news to get.

Back