Love Is In The Air

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NW BB

Reaction score
We have 4 rooms (1 room, 2 suites, 1 cottage). Right now we have honeymooners in 2 rooms (just married last night), Anniversary celebrants in the other two. The love vibes are palpable...life is being celebrated here. Kinda nice
heart.gif

Now I get to go back to work so they can keep the illusion that all this happens magically.
teeth_smile.gif
It's a little easier to work when you know what you provide is being appreciated.

I am so glad you started this thread! I have a 25th anniv tomorrow (in one room) which happens to be a favorite person of mine. I was going to get a fresh bouquet for their room (one of my reasonably priced ones) they are here 4 nights. Would you, put from your innkeepers, or earn the dude kudos by signing Love, his name.
Your thoughts? Would that be a bit intrusive? I am putting a bunch of fresh flowers in there one way or the other, just how they are signed on the card.
PS We have a 5 year anniv here right now and they had a couples massage yesterday. Another room had breakfast delivered to their room and came in to ask if there was any place to find a train ride nearby? Coal trains. No train rides. Many train themed places - restaurants, etc, but no place to get aboard a train.

I am so glad you started this thread! I have a 25th anniv tomorrow (in one room) which happens to be a favorite person of mine. I was going to get a fresh bouquet for their room (one of my reasonably priced ones) they are here 4 nights. Would you, put from your innkeepers, or earn the dude kudos by signing Love, his name.
Your thoughts? Would that be a bit intrusive? I am putting a bunch of fresh flowers in there one way or the other, just how they are signed on the card.
PS We have a 5 year anniv here right now and they had a couples massage yesterday. Another room had breakfast delivered to their room and came in to ask if there was any place to find a train ride nearby? Coal trains. No train rides. Many train themed places - restaurants, etc, but no place to get aboard a train..
Joe Bloggs said:
Personally, I would make the card from the innkeepers. Not only will the flowers look beautiful in the room, but by signing the card, you'll let them know that you did something special for them. If it's their 25th Anniversary, you know that the hubby will have already done something special for her. Take the kudos for yourself.

PS We have a 5 year anniv here right now and they had a couples massage yesterday. Another room had breakfast delivered to their room and came in to ask if there was any place to find a train ride nearby? Coal trains. No train rides. Many train themed places - restaurants, etc, but no place to get aboard a train..
Joe Bloggs said:
Personally, I would make the card from the innkeepers. Not only will the flowers look beautiful in the room, but by signing the card, you'll let them know that you did something special for them. If it's their 25th Anniversary, you know that the hubby will have already done something special for her. Take the kudos for yourself.
NW BB said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Yes he is, he will be taking her here and out for fine dining etc.
Okay, thanks, I just needed a second view on this. I will do that then. Thanks for the quick reply.

I slip the card to the guy to sign in his special way and put the card with the flower (I do a single red rose) and when she says there is no way you did this, I back him up by saying the arrangements for the flower were made a long time ago, It gives her a great feeling that he really cares - it is as much for her as it is "brownie points" for him.
I am also giving my anniversary people a one-use camera for their memories of the visit.

I slip the card to the guy to sign in his special way and put the card with the flower (I do a single red rose) and when she says there is no way you did this, I back him up by saying the arrangements for the flower were made a long time ago, It gives her a great feeling that he really cares - it is as much for her as it is "brownie points" for him.
I am also giving my anniversary people a one-use camera for their memories of the visit.
gillumhouse said:
I was going to call it "The Gillum Slip" ha ha But I want it to be a larger bouquet, so no single rose for the 4 nights. Single night stay = single rose. :)

gillumhouse said:
I was going to call it "The Gillum Slip" ha ha But I want it to be a larger bouquet, so no single rose for the 4 nights. Single night stay = single rose. :)
It is one rose because one rose says I Love You better than a dozen does, not because of length of stay. They are usually a 2-night package.

gillumhouse said:
It is one rose because one rose says I Love You better than a dozen does, not because of length of stay. They are usually a 2-night package.
gillumhouse said:
Right I get that, I just want this to be a lasting impression in their room for duration of the 4 nights. I just freshened that room and had to dump the water from a small cluster of flowers I had in there that was green since they turned the a/c off in there. Gotta keep that a/c running in that on room to keep it cooled. It is stinkin' hot this week.

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Right I get that, I just want this to be a lasting impression in their room for duration of the 4 nights. I just freshened that room and had to dump the water from a small cluster of flowers I had in there that was green since they turned the a/c off in there. Gotta keep that a/c running in that on room to keep it cooled. It is stinkin' hot this week.
I also have the florist put a water pik on the rose to keep it fresh.

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
For some strange reason I went to the florist a year or so ago and she put all two dozen roses in those and so I have a whole drawer full now! SCORE! It was a strange thing to do for an entire vase full, but I use them for the breakfast trays once in a while.

yep ....here too. In fact we've had to bolt the headboards to the walls to keep the noise level down.
Seriously

I won't presume to put 'Love' from someone else. Because we never know what their dynamic is as a couple I wouldn't do that. But, because you know and like them, I would put that they're from you and a 'congratulations'.
It may sound strange (but not from me, I'm sure) but if WE checked into a place and there were, say roses, with a card from hubs I'd have a cow. He'd get grief over something you did as a sweet gesture. Which is why I said I wouldn't do that for another couple.

I won't presume to put 'Love' from someone else. Because we never know what their dynamic is as a couple I wouldn't do that. But, because you know and like them, I would put that they're from you and a 'congratulations'.
It may sound strange (but not from me, I'm sure) but if WE checked into a place and there were, say roses, with a card from hubs I'd have a cow. He'd get grief over something you did as a sweet gesture. Which is why I said I wouldn't do that for another couple.
Bree said:
Ahhhh! Good point.

When we have anniversary or birthday guests we usually have complimentary dessert delivered at the restaurant they go to for dinner. It's a little something that they always appreciate. Of course, that's only if we know ahead of time that it's a birthday or anniversary that they are celebrating.

Both reasons why HE gets the card to sign and that it is only one rose. IF DH were to get me one rose it would be appreciated. If he got a dozen I would question his sanity and whether he actually did it, And if it was Valentines I would either be buying cement or committing him.

When we have anniversary or birthday guests we usually have complimentary dessert delivered at the restaurant they go to for dinner. It's a little something that they always appreciate. Of course, that's only if we know ahead of time that it's a birthday or anniversary that they are celebrating..
I would go broke if I did that. About 90% of our guests are celebrating getting married, anniversary or birthday. I do a personalized card from us and a couple of chocolate truffles. Otherwise they have to purchase one of our romantic add-ons.

I had that recently at the beginning of June too! Wedding night & anniversaries in all the other rooms. It was a good group. Of course, the other couples never saw the newlyweds.
shades_smile.gif

We found an inexpensive wine that just so happen to be from a vineyard that shares our name. Everyone thinks we have our own private label.
regular_smile.gif
We leave a bottle of that with a little "Happy Anniversary" or "Happy Birthday" tag signed by us hung around its neck. It doesn't cost us anymore than a bottle of sparkling cider, but the impression it makes is priceless.

If the gentleman of the party makes the reservation, I will also suggest flowers and then arrange for those to be in their room when they arrive. Most guys are grateful because they might not have thought of it otherwise.

Back