LOVE my housekeepers!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
For the slower winter months I am the housekeeper, and I don't mind it in short spurts but as we've been getting busier it was getting to be a lot. Now that we are "in season" we are busy enough for our regular gals to come back to the regular hours, and I am so grateful! They free me up to get so much other stuff done.
We have a mother/daughter set, and we told them this week that they'd been given a raise. It was modest, but they were so happy for it, and told us how much they appreciate it. SO NICE!

Right now I'm down with a cold. I would LOVE a housekeeper today and all this weekend.

I feel that way about our yard crew. They help me maintain our 72 acres. Before them, I was growing to hate this place. Now, I can sit back and enjoy it.

Was going to say am all for good employee owner relations BUT! LOL no I couldn't do with out my housekeeper she is like my right hand. Frees me up for marketing and I help out with Stripping and setting up rooms on busy days.

I'm so grateful for innkeepers that seem to do all the work themselves.
It seems like they are working themselves to death almost around the clock.
If they still take time to be kind to me, they are doubly wonderful.

If they still take time to be kind to me, they are doubly wonderful..
bnbtraveler said:
They ARE (even if they have some help, they still are).
wink_smile.gif

bnbtraveler said:
Why would you CARE as a guest, who does what? As long as everything is clean and done right, it is no one else's concern who does it. it is our job to be pleasant to the guests so they will want to come back. Yes, we do work almost round the clock but anyone who is nasty to a guest will not remain in business for long. You either love it or hate it and get out of the business.

bnbtraveler said:
Why would you CARE as a guest, who does what? As long as everything is clean and done right, it is no one else's concern who does it. it is our job to be pleasant to the guests so they will want to come back. Yes, we do work almost round the clock but anyone who is nasty to a guest will not remain in business for long. You either love it or hate it and get out of the business.
wow, I didn't know that I would be criticized for paying a compliment to witnessing hard working innkeepers!
anyone that has had their own business realizes how hard it is to carry the load themselves, which is all that I was saying.

Back