Love my new phone

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
We just bought a new phone last week because DH wanted a phone in every room so we got one with 3 extensions plus a base unit. (Me I could live without a phone in every room, but hey, I got my way for 8 years...)
Anyhoo, the good thing about this phone is it has 10 digit call blocking. (My old phone service only did local call blocking.) The phone just rang and bingo! 'Call blocked' showed up on the CID and the caller (a telemarketer I blocked last week) got a busy signal. Heaven, I'm in heaven...

Madeleine said:
The phone just rang and bingo! 'Call blocked' showed up on the CID and the caller (a telemarketer I blocked last week) got a busy signal. Heaven, I'm in heaven...
That's a great feature! Even better would be if it didn't ring on blocked calls, making it like the call never happened.

cheers.gif

Madeleine said:
The phone just rang and bingo! 'Call blocked' showed up on the CID and the caller (a telemarketer I blocked last week) got a busy signal. Heaven, I'm in heaven...
That's a great feature! Even better would be if it didn't ring on blocked calls, making it like the call never happened..
Arkansawyer said:
Madeleine said:
That's a great feature! Even better would be if it didn't ring on blocked calls, making it like the call never happened.
It rings once. I thought it wouldn't ring, either, but once is ok as it alerts me and then I can snicker as I see 'Call Blocked' pop up on the screen!

Care to share the brand/style? That's definitely the kind of phone I need!.
Breakfast Diva said:
Care to share the brand/style? That's definitely the kind of phone I need!
It works just like a cellphone apparently. (I wouldn't know, only DH has a cellphone.) Brand is Panasonic. 6.0 Plus. It must be last year's model as the ones on the web look different. It has a speakerphone and talking CID, which I turned off as I don't want it talking when guests are nearby. You can connect your cellphone to it and use Bluetooth, if you have that. It also does intercom so we can talk to each other from different parts of the house without yelling.
Looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG7623B-Bluetooth-Cordless-Handsets/dp/B004N4MH14

Breakfast Diva said:
It works just like a cellphone apparently. (I wouldn't know, only DH has a cellphone.) Brand is Panasonic. 6.0 Plus. It must be last year's model as the ones on the web look different. It has a speakerphone and talking CID, which I turned off as I don't want it talking when guests are nearby. You can connect your cellphone to it and use Bluetooth, if you have that. It also does intercom so we can talk to each other from different parts of the house without yelling.
Looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG7623B-Bluetooth-Cordless-Handsets/dp/B004N4MH14
Thanks for the info. I like the intercom feature too!

Breakfast Diva said:
Thanks for the info. I like the intercom feature too!
We have intercom on our cordless phones and it does come in handy - keeps me from having to jump up at the sound of my master's voice provided he remembers to USE the intercom.

Back