Love the ResKey Waiting List

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
My new computer came home yesterday - as usual with a few problems (and having to leave for a City Council meeting did not help) - but all fixed today.
As I am playing catch-up, I get an e-mail asking to be put on the Waiting List. She wants the weekend our cop is coming in. I e-mailed (and left voice mail) for her to call me. If I knew what her plans were, I could help her find a place. She e-mailed back what they were planning and asking if ok to call after work. I called an Association member nearby to see if she had availability - only the cabin available - perfect for what the lady wanted. E-mailed back to call and I think they will be staying at this place in the country. They wanted hiking, winery things she has as well as I do. WOOHOO, we may have kept them at a B & B and in WV!!! (Halfway point for a meet in the middle.) If not for the Waiting List, we would have lost them.

Yes, the waiting list is a great feature! Really helpful. Glad you're up and running with the new computer. Hope things keep working!

I am discovering more things - documents missing. I know why - he did not know about that particular folder - it also explains why the photos got missed - previous computer when it was new document transfer file names. I was so used to them I failed to realize no one else would know what the H they were. So as soon as the photos finish downloading, I will get the documents and excel files restored. I knew I would find as I went along what I was missing. It goes under - such is life! (Just my ledgers, utility records, etc....)

Waiting list? Is this a feature to which I'm unaware? How do you set this up?

Waiting list? Is this a feature to which I'm unaware? How do you set this up?.
I did nothing. I discovered that it was there last year when I got an e-mail (2 actually) wanting to make reservations online but could not. One was a same day and the other was a date I had blocked to go out of town. I got both because it includes phone numbers - the potential guest must choose to fill it out. The same day was a funeral that was 2 rooms and the blocked was a previous guest coming in the day I was leaving and she was willing to send a check in advance so DH would not have to deal with the cc (because he had no clue how to and still does not).
The guest must be willing to fill out the waiting list form if they cannot make the rez online.
Update - in spite of the efforts, she did not make the rez at the other B & B.

Proud Texan said:
This feature has been around for months. I think it's automatic. You don't have to set it up. If a guest searches a date and no rooms are available, they're automatically presented a form so they can request to be put on the waiting list for that date.
If you don't want to use the feature, you can turn the waiting list form off with a checkbox on the Reservation Page setup page.

Proud Texan said:
It is listed under Website messages so you can alter the message that appears. When someone searches a date that is not available, a box appears which looks like an email, where the person can enter their email address and send their request. You can alter what information you wish them to provide within the email. It is already designed to enter the dates they searched for.

Just got the ResKey waiting list request below. I don't think I'll add him to the list!
[email protected]
[here was a fake phone number with a letter "O" where a zero would have been]
Check In:
Check Out:
Please add me to your waiting list for check in on 11/3/2013 and check out on 8/20/2014.

Just got the ResKey waiting list request below. I don't think I'll add him to the list!
[email protected]
Check In:
Check Out:
Please add me to your waiting list for check in on 11/3/2013 and check out on 8/20/2014..
Long stay!

[email protected]
Check In:
Check Out:
Please add me to your waiting list for check in on 11/3/2013 and check out on 8/20/2014..
It's a badge of honor. Next thing you know it'll be a request from 6 Greek priests coming in on the TDD line. You've made the big time.

Yes, badge of honor. I'm sure if I respond, he'll offer to pay for the full stay, up front, with a $1000 bonus, if I'll just give him all my bank account info.
Another badge of honor comes from all the requests I'm getting to tour the building. I can barely get anything done for people wanting the grand tour. And what KILLS me is when I'm trying to give my regular spiel of interesting (to me) facts on the history of the building, or tidbits from the year-long rehabilitation project, and they wander off on their own, talking to their buddies/kin folks and exploring rooms I'm not ready to get to yet. If I'm giving the free tour, dang it, they better listen to ME!

Yes, badge of honor. I'm sure if I respond, he'll offer to pay for the full stay, up front, with a $1000 bonus, if I'll just give him all my bank account info.
Another badge of honor comes from all the requests I'm getting to tour the building. I can barely get anything done for people wanting the grand tour. And what KILLS me is when I'm trying to give my regular spiel of interesting (to me) facts on the history of the building, or tidbits from the year-long rehabilitation project, and they wander off on their own, talking to their buddies/kin folks and exploring rooms I'm not ready to get to yet. If I'm giving the free tour, dang it, they better listen to ME!.
You might want to consider a PAID tour done on Tuesday at 1 PM. PERIOD. Then, like they do with kids at historic venues, line 'em up, tell 'em the rules, hustle 'em along.

Back