Lovin' it

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Innspiration for innkeepers
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]Lovin it - When you are doing what you were made to do, you love it, it doesnt feel like work, and youll... [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]http://bit.ly/9acFCW[/COLOR]

Honestly, of all the jobs I've ever had I've NEVER loved something to the point that it doesn't feel like work...does this ever really happen? Innkeeping definitely feels like more work than all the other jobs I've done combined!

Honestly, of all the jobs I've ever had I've NEVER loved something to the point that it doesn't feel like work...does this ever really happen? Innkeeping definitely feels like more work than all the other jobs I've done combined!.
Don, I AM lovin' it. Everything has a down side that is not a favorite part, but I can honestly say I am loving being an innkeeper. And I can honestly say my Mother is in her grave on ROTATE with laughter because I am now in a business where I HAVE to keep house!

Honestly, of all the jobs I've ever had I've NEVER loved something to the point that it doesn't feel like work...does this ever really happen? Innkeeping definitely feels like more work than all the other jobs I've done combined!.
Don Draper said:
Honestly, of all the jobs I've ever had I've NEVER loved something to the point that it doesn't feel like work...does this ever really happen? Innkeeping definitely feels like more work than all the other jobs I've done combined!
I did experience a number of years in my last career where I loved it and it didn't feel like work at all. I strove my whole life to achieve where I was and it felt kind of magical. I couldn't believe the opportunities I had. Then slowly over time, the joy got sucked out of it for many reasons. I was done...I was burnt out. Thats when I became an innkeeper. This is a totally different kind of love. It has always felt like work...my body was telling me it was work! Do I love being an innkeeper the same way as my dream job? No, but I still love it and sometimes I hate it too! My next dream job will be no job at all. Hmmm...now I have to figure out how to make that happen!

I would have to say this feels less like work to me than anything else I've ever done. Must just be the right job at the right time because I would have hated this 30 years ago.

I like the fact that I make the rules I got sick and tired and worked for big hotel chains were it took ages to get simple things done like buying a plug and no one could make a decision it drove me mad. If water is comming out my wall I call a plumber and get it sorted. No one second guesses me!

Back