Lowering the stress level

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Am I the only one who stresses about everything? No, I bet I'm not!
Next month we have a bride staying here. I have talked with the MOB and she seems to have forgotten everything we talked about. I will call MOB closer to the date to talk again. I want to be sure everything goes smoothly, including having bride's 'stuff' showing up at all hours, attendants, salon, photog, etc. MOB originally reserved 3 rooms so bride could have one large room for herself to get ready. Then MOB cancelled and left bride crammed in with her bridesmaids in 2 small rooms.
So, I'm at a party last night and another innkeeper says she wished she had seen the bridal party that stayed at her place when they left for the wedding. But, because she (the innkeeper) had gone out all day, she didn't see any of the bridal party.
Am I nuts to be worried about 2 rooms when other innkeepers just leave the house to the bridal party and let the bride handle it all herself? I guess I try to control too much.
Recently we had another bride stay (who did not let us know she was getting married!!!) and when all of her 'people' started showing up and letting themselves in I lost it. So, we are getting out of the 'bride' business.

I wonder at an innkeeper leaving for the day with a bridal party in-house! I would be stressed at what the heck they may be doing to my house in the process of getting ready. Irons left on furniture while turned on for one. Finding themselves in need of something and rummaging to see if there was whatever in the B & B.... Yikers as my son says.
I do thank you for the post though as it made me think of my bridal couple coming in 2 weeks. She is a teacher and the principal approved her request for Friday/Monday off for her wedding but she has a NEW principal this school year who said one day, not 2. So she moved her rez from Fri/Sat to Sat/Sun. The wedding is Saturday. I sent her an e-mail offering Friday whenever they arrive to remove the stress of a 2+ hour drive the morning of the wedding. They are having the wedding in my town because it is "in the middle" for families and friends. I do have the advantage of this not being bridezilla - it is a non-church simple wedding because they promised to not elope (her daughter is her wedding planner - this is practice for what she wants to do for a living).

It is always stressful, they always leave a huge mess, have extra people in and out and are NEEDY....
Maybe we should tack on a bridal fee but how when, as you mentioned one did not even tell you!

It is always stressful, they always leave a huge mess, have extra people in and out and are NEEDY....
Maybe we should tack on a bridal fee but how when, as you mentioned one did not even tell you!.
copperhead said:
Maybe we should tack on a bridal fee but how when, as you mentioned one did not even tell you!
It's like restaurants that put an automatic 20% tip on parties of 8 or more. Groups are just more demanding, more trouble.

Back