LUBOWSKA DEATH: Hedges heading to trial - INN the news 07.29.09

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"slipped off a rock as she dipped her feet into the river".
That could happen anywhere, with anyone nearby, including her parents. The fact that someone will get sued for that is beyond ridiculous. And what does the illegal B&B have to do with the little girl dying?

"slipped off a rock as she dipped her feet into the river".
That could happen anywhere, with anyone nearby, including her parents. The fact that someone will get sued for that is beyond ridiculous. And what does the illegal B&B have to do with the little girl dying?.
Part of it is that the girl died while being 'supervised' at a 'B&B summer camp' that was being run illegally. Yes, she could have been run over by a truck in the city where she came from, but she died at a place she didn't even belong at because it was operating illegally. Had the woman not taken money and just been giving kids a vacation, that might be a different situation.
Suing everyone and their uncle because 'someone' is responsible is silly. Suing the person running the illegal summer camp is something else altogether. Obviously one 23 year old could not keep tabs on 20 young kids and they should have known that.

She didn't die at the B&B, she died on a field trip at the Niagara River Gorge.

Michael Farinella said. “Somebody has to be responsible for the death of this little girl.”

She didn't die at the B&B, she died on a field trip at the Niagara River Gorge..
Little Blue said:
She didn't die at the B&B, she died on a field trip at the Niagara River Gorge.
The 'B&B' owner's son was leading that field trip. The girl was there in the first place because that woman was running a 'summer camp B&B' for a church group. She had no license to operate either the camp or the B&B.

Michael Farinella said. “Somebody has to be responsible for the death of this little girl.”.
Joe Bloggs said:
Michael Farinella said. “Somebody has to be responsible for the death of this little girl.”
Fate is responsible, he meant someone has to pay.
Bree said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Fate? Negligence. Not being there I cannot say what happened or didn't, but one kid leading 23 kids around Niagara Falls? Scary. Either way, I think the point of this post s/b to show liabilities we have as innkeepers, we need to be safe and not sorry.

Michael Farinella said. “Somebody has to be responsible for the death of this little girl.”.
Joe Bloggs said:
Bree said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Fate? Negligence. Not being there I cannot say what happened or didn't, but one kid leading 23 kids around Niagara Falls? Scary. Either way, I think the point of this post s/b to show liabilities we have as innkeepers, we need to be safe and not sorry.
Joe Bloggs said:
Bree said:
Joe Bloggs said:
And anyone planning on operating a B&B better be legal and have insurance.

Another argument against children at a B&B.....illegal or not.
smiley_signshithappens.gif

Back