Luggage racks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Do guests use them? Or do you find the suitcases on the floor? I've got the rooms all back together now and I'm realizing that I truly hate the 4' oak luggage racks. They take up too much room. If I got 2 small, fold up luggage racks for the rooms, would that suffice? Of course, that leads to guests putting them where they want them and not necessarily where I would want them to be to avoid damage to the walls.

We have the fold up types, 2 per room and generally set them at the foot of the beds, they tend to stay there or in the closets, which is good too...Yes, they use them. They pretty much stay where ever we leave them out.

We use the racks when we stay. Your overhead racks are neat too since people can put their purchases up there. Could they be cut to a smaller size?

Fold up style, either walnut or black, 2 per room and yes they always get used. We carry guest luggage to rooms & ask what they'd like put on the luggage racks
regular_smile.gif
Sneaky, huh? Some rooms also have a bench or ottoman that they can put luggage on.
I rarely find suitcases on the floor unless folks bring tons of suitcases. We don't have people coming here to shop & repacking and trying to put purchases in their bags either. That may have something to do with what you see there. The floor is sturdier to do that, even with a good luggage rack.

I think the thread about "how clean is the floor", may have more to do with whether guests use luggage racks or not, even at a B&B!

I think the thread about "how clean is the floor", may have more to do with whether guests use luggage racks or not, even at a B&B!.
I wonder how prone guests are to leaving luggage on the floor on wall-to-wall carpeting vs. hardwood or area rugs? Hmmm.....

Even tho we have the fold away luggage racks from Bed Bath and Beyond, and even though our guests have plenty of room to use them, they usually put their suitcases on the floor.
Riki

I think the thread about "how clean is the floor", may have more to do with whether guests use luggage racks or not, even at a B&B!.
I wonder how prone guests are to leaving luggage on the floor on wall-to-wall carpeting vs. hardwood or area rugs? Hmmm.....
I have both the hardwood floors and the carpet. Even prior to the new carpet, I found luggage on the floor all the time in both types of rooms. And I mean luggage on the floor, luggage racks completely empty. I know hubs won't use one because his suitcase is too big. That's what's got me thinking...the size of the suitcases I see. These are not 'weekender' size suitcases. These are, 'Hi, mom I'm back!' suitcases. And sometimes 2-3 of them. They don't fit on the 4' luggage rack!
But, I can try the 'normal' size racks and see what happens. Just put the other ones in the attic. It's really just these 2 rooms. One because it is a small room to start and the other because of the twin bed.

Even tho we have the fold away luggage racks from Bed Bath and Beyond, and even though our guests have plenty of room to use them, they usually put their suitcases on the floor.
Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
If they do use them, do they seem sturdy enough to you? That's probably where I'd get them.

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
If they do use them, do they seem sturdy enough to you? That's probably where I'd get them.
They seem pretty sturdy to me. Especially when I get those 20% off coupons all the time. Seriously, they seem as sturdy as any others I've seen. We have had no problems with them when they have been used. I simply think since the floors are pine and they have so much room guests are just are too lazy to use them, and it doesn't matter to us.
Riki

I have 2 folding in each room. In 2 of the rooms I also have chests that can hold bigger suit cases and lot of people use those instead or too.

I have luggage racks in each room in the closets. Rarely used I think. Of course, the one in the Harris closet can be used IN the closet - the only clset that big. In the big room, they usually use the bench at the foot of the bed and the floor, even though the luggage rack is obvious in the closet in the pass-through to the bathroom. For me it is a whatever as long as in the winter the suitcases are kept away from the baseboard heaters and they are warned about tht on arrival. I got the racks for $8 each at a secondhand store at least 12 years ago.

i think the state requires a luggage rack, doesn't it? or maybe that's the innkeeper's association? not sure. but someplace i belonged to or was ruled by required one in each room. ruled by .... jeez.

Back