Lurkers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penelope

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the vast amount of "guests" on this forum these days???? Here is an invitation to come out of hiding and join in the fun!!!
welcome.gif

Yes..that is great. We have really grown and we'd love to have discussions from newbies here.
welcome.gif

Aspirings ask away! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION!
There are a lot of veterans on here as well as a few relative newbies like me. We can help with a lot of the millions of details that go into running a B&B.

Being a Newbie I have been very Grateful for all the advice that have been given....
Has given alot to thank about and process...
Thanks for everything.

I have been a lurker for a while now. I do not have a b&b, but my retired parents have one. They have been at it for a year now. I help them with the website, webervations, basically all Internet related items. I also do a lot of research (here) to pick up tips for them.
Like P.T., they have a b&b in the country, so it was good to see him join up a while back, as his experiences were more in line with my parents. Although, I have enjoyed reading all of your posts, as I have gotten ideas from a number of you.

I have been a lurker for a while now. I do not have a b&b, but my retired parents have one. They have been at it for a year now. I help them with the website, webervations, basically all Internet related items. I also do a lot of research (here) to pick up tips for them.
Like P.T., they have a b&b in the country, so it was good to see him join up a while back, as his experiences were more in line with my parents. Although, I have enjoyed reading all of your posts, as I have gotten ideas from a number of you..
Welcome. Chime in any time.

Like P.T., they have a b&b in the country, so it was good to see him join up a while back, as his experiences were more in line with my parents. Although, I have enjoyed reading all of your posts, as I have gotten ideas from a number of you..
Tx RH said:
Like P.T., they have a b&b in the country, so it was good to see him join up a while back, as his experiences were more in line with my parents. Although, I have enjoyed reading all of your posts, as I have gotten ideas from a number of you.
and we apologise for the bad ideas that may have slipped through. tee hee
wink_smile.gif
You have probably learned some of the styles and personalities by now, so you can weed through this and that. WELCOME TO THE FORUM OFFICIALLY! I hope your folks are enjoying their innkeeping journey.

Being a Newbie I have been very Grateful for all the advice that have been given....
Thanks for everything..
kjjj19 said:
Thanks for everything.
Chime in any time, we're glad you are here!

Everyone has to start somewhere :).
I'm guilty of lurking too...but I have learned a LOT from this forum. Mostly that my idealistic romantic idea of a B&B has been seriously remolded into a hard working venue that is not for the tenderhearted (or pennyless!)

I'm guilty of lurking too...but I have learned a LOT from this forum. Mostly that my idealistic romantic idea of a B&B has been seriously remolded into a hard working venue that is not for the tenderhearted (or pennyless!)
brighteyes_22 said:
Not for the thin skinned either. Guests can be cruel. Especially if you get walk-ins where you are. They look around and say no thanks. That can hurt. You never know what they didn't like, your place could be too nice for all you know!

brighteyes_22 said:
Not for the thin skinned either. Guests can be cruel. Especially if you get walk-ins where you are. They look around and say no thanks. That can hurt. You never know what they didn't like, your place could be too nice for all you know!
MooseTrax said:
brighteyes_22 said:
We had a local give her parents a gift certificate to stay here FREE. One afternoon we arrived home to find a strange couple walking around and peeking in windows. THESE were the parents. Once we established who they were, they acted like they weren't impressed with us or the place and quickly left. They never did redeem their gift certificate. It's expired now!
We know we're not everyone's cup of tea, so it didn't bother us. We just thought it was strange. Besides, we still have the money from the GC.
regular_smile.gif

Thanks. I don't know how much chime I have though.

Tx RH said:
and we apologise for the bad ideas that may have slipped through. tee hee
wink_smile.gif
You have probably learned some of the styles and personalities by now, so you can weed through this and that. WELCOME TO THE FORUM OFFICIALLY! I hope your folks are enjoying their innkeeping journey.
Joe Bloggs said:
wink_smile.gif
Thanks for the welcome. I have noticed some styles and personalities, but it only adds to make this place well rounded and interesting.
My folks are enjoying it, but I consider them more part timers than most of you with heavier workloads.

Thanks. I don't know how much chime I have though.
I admit to being one of the ding-dongs here. We just try to keep the volume down to a dull roar.

Lurking carries no guilt. We are happy when having lurked to see what we are all about, lurkers decide to stop in and say hello and even join us. Newbies always welcome.
Edited to add that Wannabees are also welcome.

Lurkers are great. Been away for a while...busy with life, B & B kids you name it! Innkeeping is like a calling and you either love it or hate it and most of us are in the love/hate relationship with our jobs but I'm mostly in the love right now....

I have only been lurking a short time, I am looking for forums where I can get real unbiased opinions about new software, policies etc that I am hoping to incorporate into the operation of my business
I do not have a B&B, but a small seasonal motel and RV park that i took over from my parents. Not what I thought I'd be still doing at this point in my life , but I'm accepting that this is my calling and now I'm looking for ways to make my life and the operation a little easier.
Times are tough and It's time to modernize my practices and get more serious about marketing!
I'm currently looking at rebuilding my website which focused on the sportsmen who would visit us. But as fishing is declining in our lake erie area, I need to diversify.
In rebuilding the website I also want to add a functional online reservation system, but I am so confused! Is it better to get a software program or sign up for one of the web based systems? I have 22 units plus RV sites and cottages (I adding more of those)
anyway, I have been reading through these threads and have already got some really good info, that even someone like me, who grew up in the business can add to the arsenal
Thanks!

Back