Lurkers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have been lurking a bit lately. We're talking bout moving back to Nova scotia (we live in europe now) and possibly start up a BnB. At this point we're saving up to afford the property and cost of moving. This is a great source of information on what life as in innkeeper is really about.

I have only been lurking a short time, I am looking for forums where I can get real unbiased opinions about new software, policies etc that I am hoping to incorporate into the operation of my business
I do not have a B&B, but a small seasonal motel and RV park that i took over from my parents. Not what I thought I'd be still doing at this point in my life , but I'm accepting that this is my calling and now I'm looking for ways to make my life and the operation a little easier.
Times are tough and It's time to modernize my practices and get more serious about marketing!
I'm currently looking at rebuilding my website which focused on the sportsmen who would visit us. But as fishing is declining in our lake erie area, I need to diversify.
In rebuilding the website I also want to add a functional online reservation system, but I am so confused! Is it better to get a software program or sign up for one of the web based systems? I have 22 units plus RV sites and cottages (I adding more of those)
anyway, I have been reading through these threads and have already got some really good info, that even someone like me, who grew up in the business can add to the arsenal
Thanks!.
Welcome! You are in the same business - just a bit different - HOSPITALITY! Glad we have helped. Stick around. Your point of view will be great for looking at things from another perspective.

I too have been lurking a bit lately. We're talking bout moving back to Nova scotia (we live in europe now) and possibly start up a BnB. At this point we're saving up to afford the property and cost of moving. This is a great source of information on what life as in innkeeper is really about..
And a WELCOME to you also.

Welcome both Daisy Hill & Anna!
welcome.gif

Ooh and I just noticed we have to have a belated celebration. Member "sharpe" who signed up a few days ago was our 500th registered member
cheers.gif

chatham-s-fireworks-celebration.jpg

Welcome sharpe and all our newest members. ;)

Ooh and I just noticed we have to have a belated celebration. Member "sharpe" who signed up a few days ago was our 500th registered member
cheers.gif

Welcome sharpe and all our newest members. ;).
Thanks for the fireworks! We have a seven room b&b on the Isle of Wight www.bedbreakfast-cowes.co.uk now but had one in Calgary last century. Interesting to see the differences and similarities from this side of the pond.
We may move back to BC area once the real estate market gets moving but as of this year, there is not much chance of selling unless, of course, we would like to give it away.

cheers.gif

Wow!! Go, Swirt....congrats!!
cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
It's not me...its all the rest of you making great contributions that keep attracting more and more innkeepers, aspirings and vendors. ;)

cheers.gif

Thanks for the fireworks! We have a seven room b&b on the Isle of Wight www.bedbreakfast-cowes.co.uk now but had one in Calgary last century. Interesting to see the differences and similarities from this side of the pond.
We may move back to BC area once the real estate market gets moving but as of this year, there is not much chance of selling unless, of course, we would like to give it away.
sharpe said:
Welcome and please share, it sounds like you have a wealth of experiences and an across the pond point of view would be a welcome addition.

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
It's not me...its all the rest of you making great contributions that keep attracting more and more innkeepers, aspirings and vendors. ;)
Don't be so modest...you are the creative genius here :)

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
If you had not created this site, this avenue (boulevard actually) of information would not exist nor would the friendships that have been formed because of it.
I extend my personal gratitude to you for this site.

I hope everyone gets mucho out of this forum. It is bien bien and ya'll are great! Keep the subject matter comin'!!!

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
If you had not created this site, this avenue (boulevard actually) of information would not exist nor would the friendships that have been formed because of it.
gillumhouse said:
I could not have said it better myself... I second that emotion

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
Samster said:
Bah! Millions of people can create links..... it is the people and willingness to share that make this place what it is.
embaressed_smile.gif

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
Samster said:
Bah! Millions of people can create links..... it is the people and willingness to share that make this place what it is.
embaressed_smile.gif

You are too modest!. I think you are the cat's meow. dog's bark. (I'm a dog person.)
BTW - how do we even see the lurkers? guests? Do they show up in the list of who's online? If so, I guess I've never seen one.

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
Samster said:
embaressed_smile.gif

You are too modest!. I think you are the cat's meow. dog's bark. (I'm a dog person.)
BTW - how do we even see the lurkers? guests? Do they show up in the list of who's online? If so, I guess I've never seen one.
aieechihuahua said:
right now is shows 4 users online and 11 guests.
see the lurker's outweigh the regulars/users.
far right bottom...

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
Samster said:
embaressed_smile.gif

aieechihuahua said:
right now is shows 4 users online and 11 guests.
see the lurker's outweigh the regulars/users.
far right bottom...
Not to mention that there are a lot of lurkers who have accounts and just don't post. Having an account helps them keep track of what they've read or not.

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

Samster said:
cheers.gif
Hip Hip...HOORAY!
cheers.gif

Back