Machine guns

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
You know this guest...s/he walks in the door and starts firing off questions and comments faster than you can respond:
  • Why is check-in at 5 PM? (ask this 5 times in succession while innkeeper is explaining to your husband how to get back in the house.)
  • You did a lot of renovation here? (ask this while innkeeper is trying to explain that check-in is not simply AT 5 PM, but that is the time you CHOSE to arrive.)
  • Where are you from? (ask this while innkeeper is trying to explain breakfast.)
  • This place is lovely. (say that while innkeeper is telling you where she is from.)
  • Why are you doing this? (ask this while the innkeeper is thanking you for the compliment.)
  • Where do we eat breakfast? (ask this while standing in an OBVIOUS dining room.)
  • Where should we eat dinner? (ask this 2 minutes after you come in the door and all the previous questions are piling up.)
  • What time do the stores close? We should eat first or shop first? Is this place still there? Is it any good? Would you go there? Do they have a restaurant at the big hotel? Is it any good? It's very expensive, isn't it?

Yep...had those. Not a big fan of the machine gun questioning...it tires me out. ;)

Too many hours on the road with too much coffee...
plus nerves.

=)
Kk.

Yep...had those. Not a big fan of the machine gun questioning...it tires me out. ;).
swirt said:
Yep...had those. Not a big fan of the machine gun questioning...it tires me out. ;)
It continued at breakfast...they had a tour guide book and had to know if we'd been to, eaten at, seen this??? Every page...

This would just be another day for me. I am married to Mr. 50 Questions!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Samster said:
Too funny! How many years have you been married?
I was married very young. haha! We've been married 33 years & I haven't hit him with a cast iron skillet yet
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
I actually saw a card that was like this the other day, and I almost bought it for you. But it was a graduation card or something, but it was MR 20 Questions on the front...it was really cute.

Samster said:
I actually saw a card that was like this the other day, and I almost bought it for you. But it was a graduation card or something, but it was MR 20 Questions on the front...it was really cute.
That would be too funny considering where he got his nickname :) Surprisingly, he was not so much Mr. 50 Questions on vacation. Actually, it wasn't a surprise since he was more de-stressed. When he's stressed out, the questions start flying like a super rapid fire machine gun

Back