Made from scratch

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This is just one of my weird posts.
I bought some marie callendar pot pies. Two pies with two totally diff cooking methods, one you cook in the box and 8 minutes then on med for another 6 minutes, the other you tear the whole top off and cook in the box, although I don't see why? There was no special thingy in there to cook it, just the reg box. The directions are underneath, so I pulled it out of the microwave and had to hold it over my face after cooking the initial 8 minutes to get the next set of instructions.
Meanwhile I see the cover with a nice image of the delicious pot pie and it says "Made from scratch" Huh? Am I missing something here? It was in a box in the freezer section of my grocery store with like a 2 year shelf life? Is there a little chef in this box doing something while it is in the MICROWAVE!?
The funniest thing I have heard all day. Oh it is the crust made from scratch. HOW ELSE IS IT MADE? I MEAN, I DON'T GET IT.
marie_callenders_chicken_pot_pie_01.jpg

Mmmm...POTPIE! But yeah, kinda ridiculous...it's all "made from scratch", gotta start somewhere!

One of my kids' favs after school were those 4/$1 pot pies from Mortons.
And, Mrs Budd's Orignal Chicken Pot Pie to which the ongoing joke was, 'Original chicken? That's one old chicken!'

Yes, made from scratch... as in made from poultry feed.
Reminds me of all natural flavours. Sure they are made from natural ingredients, but doesn't make them real. Citric acid isn't lemon.

Back