Made into Breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
What food item do you use or dish do you use as a breakfast dish that might not typically be one? ie someone mentioned bread pudding.

Brie? We've done so many things here I have no idea what's really for breakfast anymore! But, we do a baked brie on french bread with apples, walnuts and raspberry jam that's pretty good.

fruit desserts.... rhubarb apple, rhubarb cherry crisps.... I cut down on the sugar if I can, and use vanilla yogurt for a topping sometimes, sometimes go with whipped cream
like the brie idea!

fruit desserts.... rhubarb apple, rhubarb cherry crisps.... I cut down on the sugar if I can, and use vanilla yogurt for a topping sometimes, sometimes go with whipped cream
like the brie idea!.
It's on the blog under recipes...

I just started making a recipe from Barefoot Contessa - it's a blintz baked in a pan, topped with a warmed up fruit topping. You make it with a thin layer of batter, baked to set, then topped with ricotta and cottage cheese (I can never find marscapone around here) flavored with lemon zest and a few eggs mixed in, then topped with another thin layer of batter and baked. So far it's been a big hit.

I have a twist on the bread pudding as well as fruit cobblers used as a breakfast dessert...

I haven't ever done it as the only breakfast option but I've included corn pudding on buffets. It always runs out before anything else and folks always want the recipe.
The first time I did it by request for a guest who said she hadn't tasted corn pudding since she was a little girl (I was bringing in some fresh corn to make some for DH and self for dinner).
Next morning, I made some for the buffet. Since then, I've included it in buffets several times and it is always always always popular. Whoodathunk?

I just started making a recipe from Barefoot Contessa - it's a blintz baked in a pan, topped with a warmed up fruit topping. You make it with a thin layer of batter, baked to set, then topped with ricotta and cottage cheese (I can never find marscapone around here) flavored with lemon zest and a few eggs mixed in, then topped with another thin layer of batter and baked. So far it's been a big hit..
BC is coming to town.

I've been served smoked local trout for breakfast (in baked eggs and a frittata) which was really good. Have also had a version of "pizza" for breakfast. Kind of a veggie thing on flat bread with jazzed up scrambled eggs on the side. I served the fresh fruit crisps here which were always very popular.

I just started making a recipe from Barefoot Contessa - it's a blintz baked in a pan, topped with a warmed up fruit topping. You make it with a thin layer of batter, baked to set, then topped with ricotta and cottage cheese (I can never find marscapone around here) flavored with lemon zest and a few eggs mixed in, then topped with another thin layer of batter and baked. So far it's been a big hit..
BC is coming to town.
Oh yeah? I do like her. Her cooking show is so much less manic than most of them. I aspire to be as calm as she is (and rarely make it). And to have her house in the Hamptons!
regular_smile.gif

lobster ... with a big promo first (you have to really like lobster to go for it in the morning!)

Just saw a show on breakfast places on public TV. A place in Portland serves a smoked salmon dish with home fries and fresh spinach. One place on a barrier island had gumbo as a side dish. Then there was a cuban place that had a dish with cuban bread, topped with a small omelet, black beans, salsa, and queso fresco. And a mashed sweet potato and duck egg something...that didn't look so good to me.

BC is coming to town.
Oh yeah? I do like her. Her cooking show is so much less manic than most of them. I aspire to be as calm as she is (and rarely make it). And to have her house in the Hamptons!
regular_smile.gif

I love watching her. I love Jeffrey. I want that house and the money to pay for it. She, of all of them, really makes me feel like I'm in her house. I'm not fond of the put-on meals, tho. Just show the food, the fake friends thing is too weird.
Gomez told me she used to be an inspector for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission? Really? Did he read that right?

BC is coming to town.
regular_smile.gif

I love watching her. I love Jeffrey. I want that house and the money to pay for it. She, of all of them, really makes me feel like I'm in her house. I'm not fond of the put-on meals, tho. Just show the food, the fake friends thing is too weird.
Gomez told me she used to be an inspector for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission? Really? Did he read that right?
Well, wikipedia doesn't say inspector, really - ' Originally employed as a low-level government aide, she climbed the political ladder and was assigned the position of budget analyst, which entailed writing the nuclear energy budget and policy papers on nuclear centrifuge plants'
I went to her store in the Hamptons a few times when a friend rented a house out there - but never saw Ina. We did see Annette Bening at Nick and Toni's and I got the back of my head into a documentary they were filming there, but that's another story.

The peach (or blueberry) bread pudding is always a hit. Several guests have expressed excitement after being told bread pudding was the entree next day.

Back