Magazines you subscribe to for the B&B?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
What magazines do you subscribe to for the guests, for the B&B?
Southern Living?
Bon Appetite?
Blue RIdge Country?
Sunset?
Anything local or regional?

This is what we get, not necessarily for the guests only:
  1. Down East
  2. Yankee
  3. Port City Life
  4. Portland Magazine
  5. Money
I used to get a ton more but I have let them all stop.
  1. Car & Driver
  2. Home
  3. Country Living
Then we are supposedly getting free magazines (we got a postcard saying so) but have not received anything in a long time.
When I go to the library I root in the bin for Southern Living. I'm going to start getting Car & Driver again, or Motorsport. I know there are a lot more mags out there, just can't remember what they are.

DS gets a couple art magazines and at least 3 motorcycle magazines. I used to get Readers Digest and never ever imagined not renewing. Have been too busy to read one for so long... I do not get any magazines. DH is the only person in this house who has time to read, writed in his journal, watch TV...... If I happen to get caught sitting down, something is required of me - NOW!

I get those - except Sunset - and a lot of others. Cottage Living, Home, Martha Stewart Living, Gourmet. For free we get Ideal Destinations, Mountain Homes, Links. DH gets Harpers, Atlantic Monthly, National Geographic, Discover - which we put out for guests. We try to read them first and then put them out, but I have a huge stack on my footstool as I am really behind. At some point I will just read the new ones and put the others aside for winter. I never read a book anymore, it seems - I listen to audiobooks while I'm doing laundry. Right now I'm on Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth.

2 Regional magazines plus:
Food & Wine, Southern Living, Readers Digest, Time, Conde Nast Travel, Conde Nast Portfolio (a business magazine), More, InnStyle, AARP, PC Magazine, a couple other geek magazines.
I try to have a variety.

National Geographic
Country Home
Entertainment Weekly
Victoria
Country Living
Better Homes & Gardens
Reader's Digest
Game Informer
Weight Watchers

old house journal
old house interiors
victorian home
readers digest
Nebraskaland
Nebraska Life

2 Regional magazines plus:
Food & Wine, Southern Living, Readers Digest, Time, Conde Nast Travel, Conde Nast Portfolio (a business magazine), More, InnStyle, AARP, PC Magazine, a couple other geek magazines.
I try to have a variety..
Oh, yeah, I throw the AARP mag out there when I'm done with it. And my college quarterly mag which guests actualy read.

oh how I miss magazines ... it costs too much to have them sent and then sometimes they don't make it. :( Oh how I miss a lovely magazine ... I used to get Victoria, and a few others mentioned.
I now just search the internet Gourmet and Epicurious, Martha Stewart, sigh. There are some things I miss so very very much. Every now and then and so far and few between a guest will leave behind a magazine ... in English .... :) and when I have time, I treasure it one page at a time.

Economist
Reader's Digest (I hate it, but guests like it)
National Geographic
We just let a couple of mag scrips go.... Southern Living, Saturday Evening Post, Golf, Prevention. I can pick up magazines at our library's book store... a couple of months old but still readable.

Also in no particular order
For Guests:
Yankee
Connecticut
Ireland of the Welcomes
Irish American
Better Homes & Gardens
Hog River Journal (Its has stories about CT history)
For me:
Cuisine at Home
Cook's Illustrated

Also in no particular order
For Guests:
Yankee
Connecticut
Ireland of the Welcomes
Irish American
Better Homes & Gardens
Hog River Journal (Its has stories about CT history)
For me:
Cuisine at Home
Cook's Illustrated.
There's a magazine called Irish American? I used to read the Irish Times online.

Back