Main Street Host

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost exactly a year ago that I was grousing about them https://www.innspiring.com/node/5040. Was getting to the point that I was screaming at them not to call me any more. Finally I got smart and blocked the number...never heard from them again.

Watch out for these rip off artists. They have scammed so many innkeepers. I know one who paid them $5000!!!!!!! BAD NEWS folks. They must be at it again. DO NOT GET TAKEN!!!!

Fortunately, their caller ID does come up with their business name....don't even answer it!

I get these idiots or similar we will optimise your web site google rankings etc my mum was nearly taken they don't do anything you can't do for yourself and certainly for a lot less!

We had one call last week claiming that they can put me on google rankings to be #1-THAT THEY GUARANTEE THIS! Well since i had gone through this in my former B & B and called a guru or someone that knew a little more about google rankings and asked him about that-he said there is NO way that anyone can guarantee you to be #1 if you pay them.
I told they "salesman" that i know full well this is not true-he laughed at me then i asked him a simple question:How many B&B's are there in my area? no answer and I told him you don't even know what is in my area or what kind of hospitality there is here...he said that just call me I said i won't.
Its sad but some people actually believe that.

We had one call last week claiming that they can put me on google rankings to be #1-THAT THEY GUARANTEE THIS! Well since i had gone through this in my former B & B and called a guru or someone that knew a little more about google rankings and asked him about that-he said there is NO way that anyone can guarantee you to be #1 if you pay them.
I told they "salesman" that i know full well this is not true-he laughed at me then i asked him a simple question:How many B&B's are there in my area? no answer and I told him you don't even know what is in my area or what kind of hospitality there is here...he said that just call me I said i won't.
Its sad but some people actually believe that..
Not this same company, but we've gotten those calls as well. Most of the time the person calling is just setting up the appointment for the salesperson. But sometimes I ask them what keywords would they use to make me show up #1 on Google. That's always good for a laugh. One of them was 'Connecticut restaurant'. Even if I had a restaurant in that state is that really how a person searches when they want to go out for dinner? Generally I tell them their search terms are too broad for what I want and I'm not paying for adwords that won't work for me. They get all huffy and tell me it's not adwords but they can't tell me what it is, the salesperson has to tell me.

Its sad but some people actually believe that..
Another good question to ask when they say they guarantee #1 slot on Google is to ask simply, 'For what?' Most of the time they have no idea what kind of business they just called. They try to use scare tactics- 'I can't find your business on Google.' Really? Where did you get the phone number? Or ask them, 'Which website are you calling about?'

Back