Make it stop!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! It's fascinating what you can hear without going out of your way...
Recently we had a local company make a reservation for one of its contractors - a young guy about 21 y.o. When he showed up, he seemed like a nice enough fellow. Later, when DW went upstairs to do laundry, she heard his side of a cell phone conversation, riddled with the "F" bomb, saying how terrible the accommodations were: "they have me at a f***ng bed and breakfast!" (uh, yes); "gee, this place must be f***ng a hundred years old!" (actually it's 120); "there are f***ing antiques - all over the place!" and "it's so f***ing quiet here that I'm afraid to go out at night!"
It went on and on for at least 20 minutes.
The next morning at breakfast, he said "what a nice place you have here, folks" and left without incident. Whew... I guess I'm glad he didn't tell me how he REALLY felt!.
Id take it as a win - he was polite in public and did a nice facebook comment - what he said to his friend in private is his own business.

It's definitely a win - and the kid did the right thing. A b&b in a quiet town was obviously NOT his thing. BUT he recognized that his personal tastes aside, you all run a good business and was publicly appreciative of that both to you and on FB. What the DW caught was the rant to get the "oh this is SO not my thing" out of his system.
Not all that many people can put aside their personal tastes in that way to recognize the good stuff - if they could, the hospitality industry wouldn't have nearly as many PITAs.

Ha! It's fascinating what you can hear without going out of your way...
Recently we had a local company make a reservation for one of its contractors - a young guy about 21 y.o. When he showed up, he seemed like a nice enough fellow. Later, when DW went upstairs to do laundry, she heard his side of a cell phone conversation, riddled with the "F" bomb, saying how terrible the accommodations were: "they have me at a f***ng bed and breakfast!" (uh, yes); "gee, this place must be f***ng a hundred years old!" (actually it's 120); "there are f***ing antiques - all over the place!" and "it's so f***ing quiet here that I'm afraid to go out at night!"
It went on and on for at least 20 minutes.
The next morning at breakfast, he said "what a nice place you have here, folks" and left without incident. Whew... I guess I'm glad he didn't tell me how he REALLY felt!.
Agree with other comments, and can't help feeling this was a lot of posturing to his mate too. Maybe his first time on a paid for business trip and he told his mate he would be staying in a 5 star hotel.

Back