Make it stop!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a woman call to inquire about availability for that day. I had availability and she asked if she could check in early. I said yes and she promptly showed up at 12:0 with her "friend". Other guests were leaving as they were checking in so I gave them a quick tour and said goodbye to the other guests. At 12:10 I went upstairs to redo the room the exiting guests had just vacated when I heard a funny "noise". I went into the hallway and lo and behold the newly arrived guests were well into very LOUD sex
wow.gif
. Thank God the other guests were gone. Then promptly at 4:00 they left. Everything from their room was gone. I've been doing this for 15 years and this is a first for me. We want our guests to have a great time here but we don't want to hear it. Have any of you every experienced "loud" guests? What do you do??? Now I'm wondering if he was married and if she was paid for her services for 4 hours! Yikes! I think I should raise my rates!

Holy WOW!!!! I love how just when you think you've seen it all, nope, they will surprise you!
OTOH, they paid in full and if you felt like it you could sanitize the room and re-rent it! Hourly rates baby!!!!!

Yep..just when you think you have seen / heard it all...SURPRISE!!! Did you ask them how many nights they wanted?? What about breakfast? If so, maybe their answers might have clued you in a bit and you could have refused them. Hopefully they won't put out the word what they did or maybe others might try the same thing with you. Don't want that to happen :-(

I've had the "loud" guests and there's not much you can do about it. I've never had the 4 hours guests though! We did have what turned out to be a "pro" that had been rented for 3 nights. I was terrified that they would be loud, but we never heard a peep out of them when they were in their room.
I'm with DD...sanitize and re-rent! LOL

Look at it as a bonus as you can advertise a discount rate and double up. :)

We are in a very large city and requests for "hourly rates" are not that uncommon. I used to be offended and upset but this days one have to be very careful as not to discriminate and there is that TA that hangs over our heads. This days if they as for 2-4 hours rate we have 2 days minimum and all we have available is suite at $220+ tax per day. Works like a charm.
Re. Noises - not much one can do. Maybe start to vaccume in the next bedroom - that may send the message.
One time we had a business man make reservation for one night for 2 people. Next morning only he showed up for the breakfast. In conversation we figured out that wife was home with kids!!!

Since we built our units from scratch, we totally soundproofed them and attached the headboards to the wall.
We knew those kinds of sounds would emanate from the rooms, so we were proactive.

Since we built our units from scratch, we totally soundproofed them and attached the headboards to the wall.
We knew those kinds of sounds would emanate from the rooms, so we were proactive..
Proud Texan said:
Since we built our units from scratch, we totally soundproofed them and attached the headboards to the wall. We knew those kinds of sounds would emanate from the rooms, so we were proactive.
We did too!

We knew those kinds of sounds would emanate from the rooms, so we were proactive..
Proud Texan said:
Since we built our units from scratch, we totally soundproofed them and attached the headboards to the wall. We knew those kinds of sounds would emanate from the rooms, so we were proactive.
We did too!
we had one really loud couple ... it was the man who was loud.
during breakfast they were busy in their room right above the breakfast room.
all guests heard him shouting 'that's the way!' over and over again ... and things like that. they were here for a few nights
i was actually trying to be louder serving and clearing and cranked up the music LOUD to drown him out but all heard it.
about 4 hours later they started again so i went upstairs and stood outside their door and shouted to the chambermaid so they would know they could be heard since they could hear me. then they were quiet.
but the next morning they were loud a 3rd time just as breakfast was starting and my son went to their door to ask if there was a problem ... when the guy came to the door, he said 'i'm sorry, i thought i heard someone shouting for help,'
i mean, come on. windows open, you've gotta know all can hear you. i think he wanted to be heard. but who knows?
so they stopped whatever and came down to breakfast, the whole roomful of people were snickering and trying not to laugh. they got coffee and muffins and went back upstairs. about a minute after they left the breakfast room, one of the other guests shouted, 'That's the way!' and the whole place erupted.
what could i do?
wink_smile.gif

by the way, at night, they were very very quiet.

Proud Texan said:
We did too!
all guests heard him shouting 'that's the way!' over and over again ... and things like that. they were here for a few nights
i was actually trying to be louder serving and clearing and cranked up the music LOUD to drown him out but all heard it.
about 4 hours later they started again so i went upstairs and stood outside their door and shouted to the chambermaid so they would know they could be heard since they could hear me. then they were quiet.
but the next morning they were loud a 3rd time just as breakfast was starting and my son went to their door to ask if there was a problem ... when the guy came to the door, he said 'i'm sorry, i thought i heard someone shouting for help,'
i mean, come on. windows open, you've gotta know all can hear you. i think he wanted to be heard. but who knows?
so they stopped whatever and came down to breakfast, the whole roomful of people were snickering and trying not to laugh. they got coffee and muffins and went back upstairs. about a minute after they left the breakfast room, one of the other guests shouted, 'That's the way!' and the whole place erupted.
what could i do?
wink_smile.gif

This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Proud Texan said:
We did too!
what could i do?
wink_smile.gif

Okay---you made me snort my coffee.
teeth_smile.gif

I've got a couple here now that have "been at it" since they checked in. Last night, before breakfast, after breakfast...bed is banging and she is a screamer! I've heard occasional giggles before, but these two have set a new volume record! I've got another couple checking in this afternoon, so I hope they wear themselves out before then!
The walls are insulated between rooms, but we can hear them in our living room on the other side of the house! Holy heartburn, Batman!
I'll try turning on the TV in the room next to their's to see if they get the hint that sound does travel!!!

come on!
screaming in a b&b/Inn/hotel ...
i am NOT kidding when i tell you i that if it happens again i would send someone to the door to ask if there's a problem because you heard screaming.

come on!
screaming in a b&b/Inn/hotel ...
i am NOT kidding when i tell you i that if it happens again i would send someone to the door to ask if there's a problem because you heard screaming..
I had the exact opposite a couple of weeks ago. Young couple staying for 3 nights, on the 2nd night they had a blazzing row in their room, shouting at each other. You could hear what they were saying from down stairs. She's crying, he's saying what did you bring me here for if you were going to do this. Holy cow.
Next morning came down to breakfast all sweetness and light.

Ha! It's fascinating what you can hear without going out of your way...
Recently we had a local company make a reservation for one of its contractors - a young guy about 21 y.o. When he showed up, he seemed like a nice enough fellow. Later, when DW went upstairs to do laundry, she heard his side of a cell phone conversation, riddled with the "F" bomb, saying how terrible the accommodations were: "they have me at a f***ng bed and breakfast!" (uh, yes); "gee, this place must be f***ng a hundred years old!" (actually it's 120); "there are f***ing antiques - all over the place!" and "it's so f***ing quiet here that I'm afraid to go out at night!"
It went on and on for at least 20 minutes.
The next morning at breakfast, he said "what a nice place you have here, folks" and left without incident. Whew... I guess I'm glad he didn't tell me how he REALLY felt!

Recently we had a local company make a reservation for one of its contractors - a young guy about 21 y.o. When he showed up, he seemed like a nice enough fellow. Later, when DW went upstairs to do laundry, she heard his side of a cell phone conversation, riddled with the "F" bomb, saying how terrible the accommodations were: "they have me at a f***ng bed and breakfast!" (uh, yes); "gee, this place must be f***ng a hundred years old!" (actually it's 120); "there are f***ing antiques - all over the place!" and "it's so f***ing quiet here that I'm afraid to go out at night!"
The next morning at breakfast, he said "what a nice place you have here, folks" and left without incident. Whew... I guess I'm glad he didn't tell me how he REALLY felt!.
how can it be so quiet you are afraid to go out at night?

The next morning at breakfast, he said "what a nice place you have here, folks" and left without incident. Whew... I guess I'm glad he didn't tell me how he REALLY felt!.
He feared death by boredom. Didn't feel comfortable outside his natural element, the noisy city.

A cricket might get him.

He feared death by boredom. Didn't feel comfortable outside his natural element, the noisy city.
Arkansawyer said:
And no bar on the property!
That was an issue with one of our business guests. His company truck had a tracking device, so no running down to the bar & driving back. While he did like the place (liking us on FB and posting a nice post on his page - he told us and I did see it) he asked where all the young ladies are and wished we had a bar. I told him he could go to the convenience store and bring some back - BYOB ok here. He just said he was board, but liked getting some good sleep as it was quiet.
You can win or loose with business people!

Back