Make-up Removers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trishany

Reaction score
WEREN'T from American Hotel, as I posted earlier. Anbody know of another supplier? I can't remember where I got these from, and I've been searching.

I use the flushable wipes without alcohol... fragrance free... use a non-labeled wipes container with a note taped to it, stating that these are for make-up removal. No complaints so far. I only put out a few at a time, cuz they do have a tendency to dry out even with a lidded container.

Do you put these out in guest rooms or in an amenities basket?

Do you put these out in guest rooms or in an amenities basket?.
I wanted to keep things as easy as possible. So we got those shampoo, conditioner and soap dispensers from frontgate.com, and they are in each shower. So easy and look great.
I leave the little packages of make-up removers in a nice little tray.
I leave a bar of DOVE in the package, near the clawfoot tub. BUT, I want to see if I can get smaller bars of soap, in bulk, to leave in this spot. Such a waste for these Dove bars of soap to be used two or three times.
Towels -- I load each room up with towels, so the guests don't run out and ask for more.
When the guests book, I send out a letter, by regular mail, on our letterhead. It states, in very nice terms, about using make-up removers, breakfast time, where everything is, etc. It cuts down on alot of questions.
If anyone wants to see this letter, please let me know.

I wanted to keep things as easy as possible. So we got those shampoo, conditioner and soap dispensers from frontgate.com, and they are in each shower. So easy and look great.
I leave a bar of DOVE in the package, near the clawfoot tub. BUT, I want to see if I can get smaller bars of soap, in bulk, to leave in this spot. Such a waste for these Dove bars of soap to be used two or three times.
Towels -- I load each room up with towels, so the guests don't run out and ask for more.
When the guests book, I send out a letter, by regular mail, on our letterhead. It states, in very nice terms, about using make-up removers, breakfast time, where everything is, etc. It cuts down on alot of questions.
I would like to see this letter.

I would like to see this letter.
I would also like to see the letter as well please.

I'd love to see the letter!
trishany said:
Do you wash all of them afterwards, even if they're still folded? I stayed 1 night a B&B once that had 6 towels in a basket for the two of us. Made me wonder how they did all that laundry... What if a guest threw a wet towel back on top of the basket, folded it back up like the others to be neat, or just used a folded one to dry their hands without unfolding. How would you know which ones to wash?

It's just a nice, welcoming letter, on beautiful stationery with guest info. Included is info re:
- extra pillows, comforter, towels ironing board, iron and hair dryers in each room
- make-up removers
- calendar of events --- entertainment, restaurants, parks, beaches, bicycle paths, etc.
- what time breakfast is served
- keys
- a reminder to call us if they are running late so we are here to greet them (they always do)
- directions
- dogs
- parking
- calling us if they need any additional info

I like the letter idea. We have a binder with all of that information, plus tourist info in their room, but I'm sure no one will take the time to read it. I think they would the letter.
As for make up removers, we opted for Wal-Mart bulk wash clothes neatly rolled in a basket for this purpose. Our regular towel are white and the "make up removers" color coordinate with the room. Their dark colored and are cheap enough to toss if the get too grundgy. Of course they might last longer if we wash them between each use......just kidding.
Our concern was for those individuals who have sensitive skin and allergies. Of course, there's the added expense of buying make-up removers.
If you are interested in buying individually packaged make-up removers, our shampoo/bodywash supplier has them:
http://www.accentamenities.com/products/

I like the letter idea. We have a binder with all of that information, plus tourist info in their room, but I'm sure no one will take the time to read it. I think they would the letter.
As for make up removers, we opted for Wal-Mart bulk wash clothes neatly rolled in a basket for this purpose. Our regular towel are white and the "make up removers" color coordinate with the room. Their dark colored and are cheap enough to toss if the get too grundgy. Of course they might last longer if we wash them between each use......just kidding.
Our concern was for those individuals who have sensitive skin and allergies. Of course, there's the added expense of buying make-up removers.
If you are interested in buying individually packaged make-up removers, our shampoo/bodywash supplier has them:
http://www.accentamenities.com/products/.
Our reservation system email has all the info in it, along with our policies. I customize each email for the guest(s). It also includes the link to a PDF for directions to our place. I've asked a few people about getting something via snail mail and they actually prefer having the electronic file. They can re-print the info if it gets lost :)

Those are the makeup remover wipes I have. For the life of me, I couldn't find that website again when the original question was posted. They are nice ones.

Yes, I think a nice, welcoming letter on your stationery is classy, and the guests love receiving it. It just reminds them of what you expect and your policies, in case they didn't read your whole website. They know they are coming to a respectful, high-class, non-nonsense B&B.
If the guests book on short notice, I email the letter to them.

I forgot to say that I got some samples from them and our guests liked the make-up removers. I like their other amenities as well & may order some the next time that I need some. I've tried a couple of amenity lines now that were all very nice but I haven't hit on the one that I want to stick with.

I'd love to see the letter!
trishany said:
Do you wash all of them afterwards, even if they're still folded? I stayed 1 night a B&B once that had 6 towels in a basket for the two of us. Made me wonder how they did all that laundry... What if a guest threw a wet towel back on top of the basket, folded it back up like the others to be neat, or just used a folded one to dry their hands without unfolding. How would you know which ones to wash?
I just had guests that did that. I walked into the bath room and EVERYTHING looked like it hadn't been touched. Towels exactly like i had them. Didn't even look like they had used the bath room. but they had, I heard the shower running. Yes, I always wash everything after a guest checks out. You don't know if they have coughed or sneezed on it or what ever.
Everything gets stripped and cleaned.

Back